Power supply cut off

when I play games the power supply suddenly cut off what's wrong with my computer?
5 answers Last reply
More about power supply
  1. Your power supply is shutting down to prevent an overload. Check your motherboard for "bad caps" if it's at least 3 years old; otherwise, get a better power supply. Do not go by the wattage; cheap power supplies are light in weight and overstate their load limits. I would use only corsair, antec, ocz, pc power and cooling, seasonic, or enermax. These power supplies are more efficient; look for a green rating of at least 80%. List your system specs including video card if you want specific recommendations.
  2. List down your system specs and power supply model/brand. How old is your pc?

Potential issues on your machines:

1) Overload condition due to a bad component on the load
    2) PS Shutting down due to bad component on the supply
    3) Overload condition due to lack of capacity of the PSU
  3. If your system resets and reboots during gaming, it's probably inadequate power from the PSU. A graphics card in 3D mode generally pulls at least twice as much power as it does with a 2D load.
  4. o1die said:
    Your power supply is shutting down to prevent an overload. Check your motherboard for "bad caps" if it's at least 3 years old; otherwise, get a better power supply. Do not go by the wattage; cheap power supplies are light in weight and overstate their load limits. I would use only corsair, antec, ocz, pc power and cooling, seasonic, or enermax. These power supplies are more efficient; look for a green rating of at least 80%. List your system specs including video card if you want specific recommendations.

If i do the harddisk scanning, the power supply was also shutting down. Is it the same problem?
  5. Probably. It could be a capacitor failing in the ps. If you have a good brand, it may still be under warranty. Antec has taken care on my problems with parts several times.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computer Games Components