Please I need help

G

Well today me and my friend had a "Deal" here it is He broke his laptop monitor and he asked me where can i get a new laptop? I said if you want you can take mine
and he said great ill make a deal with you ill give u my laptop for you computer

So we traded and I connected my 1440x900 monitor to his now my laptop and connected speakers mouse and keyboard to it and it worked like a charm
but i think i got ripped off here because i dont think this laptop is better than my computer so someone please compare them ill give u specs

MY POINT:

The computer i previously had was 3.2Ghz pentium 4 but this one is a dual core 2.0GHZ DAM IT that peace of poop only have 2.0ghz but it runs fast

LAPTOP HE GAVE ME:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00Ghz
2 Gigs ram DDR2
487 Gigs harddrive (BIG I KNOW THAT WHAT I LOVE ABOUT IT)
Intel graphics accelerator X4500 MHD

MY PREVIOUS COMPUTER:
Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.20Ghz
512Mb ram
40 Gigs harddrive
Ati radeon 9200Se

So did i get a good deal by the way I didnt pay $1 to him for it

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
The Pentium4 is a really old CPU, the 3.2 was one of the fastest of it's time but still really old... also, 512MB of ram are P-Nuts.

The laptop is a far superior desktop then the P4 by far... so you got a great deal...

I am not sure why your friend didnt consider using his laptop as a desktop instead of trading it for that old hardware.