Closed

code The Sims 2

My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
Could anyone give it to me?
Thanks,
Alexander
29 answers Last reply
More about code sims

    alexander wrote:
    > My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    > install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
    > computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
    > onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
    > Could anyone give it to me?
    > Thanks,
    > Alexander

    I think those codes are specific to each copy of the game. Without your
    own code, you won't be able to install that particular copy of the game.

    Jeanie

    "alexander" <a.randwijck@wxs.nl> wrote in message
    > My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    > install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
    > computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
    > onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
    > Could anyone give it to me?
    > Thanks,
    > Alexander

    On the computer you have it installed on.

    1 click on start - run

    2 type "regedit" (without the quotes)

    3 In Registry Editor look in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    Electronic Arts
    The Sims 2
    ergc

    4 The install code will be listed in the Data column.

    Just be extremely careful when you are in regedit.
    Do not change anything or you can cause major problems.

    alexander wrote:
    > My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    > install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
    > computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
    > onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
    > Could anyone give it to me?

    Nope. That'd violate the whole purpose of it being a "code," wouldn't
    it? ;-)

    > Thanks,
    > Alexander

    You're welcome.

    --
    --Cuth

    If you registered once, register again. It will say "Change Code" and
    the code will be displayed =)

    "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > alexander wrote:
    >> My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    >> install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
    >> computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
    >> onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
    >> Could anyone give it to me?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Alexander
    > I think those codes are specific to each copy of the game. Without your
    > own code, you won't be able to install that particular copy of the game.
    >
    > Jeanie

    It isn't on the booklet anyway, it is on the back of the box the disks come
    in. At least on the US copies.

    Nancy Scott wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>alexander wrote:
    >>
    >>>My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    >>>install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
    >>>computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
    >>>onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
    >>>Could anyone give it to me?
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Alexander
    >>
    >>I think those codes are specific to each copy of the game. Without your
    >>own code, you won't be able to install that particular copy of the game.
    >>
    >>Jeanie
    >

    > It isn't on the booklet anyway, it is on the back of the box the disks come
    > in. At least on the US copies.

    I have the German version of the game and it is indeed on the booklet.

    --
    --Cuth

    On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:03:33 +0100 alexander wrote:

    > My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    > install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
    > computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
    > onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
    > Could anyone give it to me?
    > Thanks,
    > Alexander

    Try to contact Maxis about that. Or bring your game to the store where you
    bought it and ask the people there for help. I don't think you can just use
    any code with any game, I suppose they're connected to one specific set of
    CDs.

    Dorte

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:39:05 GMT Nancy Scott wrote:

    > It isn't on the booklet anyway, it is on the back of the box the disks come
    > in. At least on the US copies.

    Well, on the German edition it's on the booklet. :) Guess they have
    different habits. I wish everybody would print it onto the boxes because
    they're more unlikely to get lost.

    Dorte

    "Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:39:05 GMT Nancy Scott wrote:
    >

    >> It isn't on the booklet anyway, it is on the back of the box the disks
    >> come
    >> in. At least on the US copies.
    >
    > Well, on the German edition it's on the booklet. :) Guess they have
    > different habits. I wish everybody would print it onto the boxes because
    > they're more unlikely to get lost.
    >
    > Dorte

    Nasty of them. I can never keep up with codes that aren't with the cds.
    One of the things I have liked about Maxis games is that they print their
    codes in an easy to find place. It is pity that they aren't as uniformly
    considerate of their customers.

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Nancy Scott wrote:
    >
    >> "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> I think those codes are specific to each copy of the game. Without
    >>> your own code, you won't be able to install that particular copy of
    >>> the game.
    >>>
    >>> Jeanie
    >>

    >> It isn't on the booklet anyway, it is on the back of the box the disks
    >> come in. At least on the US copies.
    >

    > I have the German version of the game and it is indeed on the booklet.

    I don't think it is German only, but all over Europe instead. I live in
    the Netherlands and it is on the back back of the manual as well (both
    The Sims 2 AND Uni), Besides I'd sooner loose the CD than then manual.
    I always leave the manual in the DVD box, I tend to leave the CD in the
    DVD-player.

    In the USA, the code is on the CD\DVD plastic case. If you lose the case,
    you lose the code. I always copy all of my codes to a little book that I
    keep (poor trees) in my desk.

    Jeanie wrote:
    > > I think those codes are specific to each copy of the game. Without
    > your own code, you won't be able to install that particular copy of
    > the game.

    No they are not . He can get it from his installed copy though.

    Gareeth

    "meanornerywench" <mean@ornery.wench> schreef in bericht
    > In the USA, the code is on the CD\DVD plastic case. If you lose the case,
    > you lose the code. I always copy all of my codes to a little book that I
    > keep (poor trees) in my desk.

    Yep, smart thing to do.
    But with hardware you suddenly discover that you needed
    the number on the box to get support, those people who
    make this stuff are so smart, because ussually people
    throw away the box, so they don`t have to support you.
    no code/ no support.
    Wouldn`t it be handier to make a small card with the product
    with all the things on it which you needed in case of support
    questions? But there never is such a card.

    Other issue, the codes themselves.
    They are open for anyone to see, especially
    when shop owners take out the content to
    stop shoplifting. BUt it also means that any
    employee can see the code, and theoretically
    could copy it and share it among friends or post
    it on the net.So the code under a scratchlayer
    could be a better idear.

    "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Jeanie wrote:
    >> > I think those codes are specific to each copy of the game. Without
    >> your own code, you won't be able to install that particular copy of
    >> the game.
    >
    > No they are not . He can get it from his installed copy though.

    Well, they are not CD specific, but I believe they are batch specific.
    How do I know? Because I had the wrong codes on my booklet/manual.
    I had to email EA and ask for new codes, which I could get if I send them
    a picture of the proof of purchase and the back of the booklet where
    the wrong codes were on.(and I did and got new ones.)
    (It also ment that I couldn`t play the game the entire weekend.)
    (it was the old sims by the way)

    > Gareeth

    "alexander" <a.randwijck@wxs.nl> wrote in message
    > My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    > install the game on a computer.

    If she's registered the game, you should be able to get the code from Maxis.
    Try their website.
  16. You can get the code from someone else I did that with my sims 2, I also lost the booklet my code was printed on and I live in the US and so far all my sims 2 expansion packs had the code on the booklet. The last time I saw a code on the box it was with the original sims. If I had it with me I would give you mine, sorry.
  17. Wow. First post is for a three-year old thread. Congratulations!
  18. Whats with these old newsgroup threads that keep popping up?
  19. I have tried the code on the back of the box but i dont know why it wont work mine is, ISBN 0-7845-4349-6
    Why wont it work?
  20. Thats not the code thats part of the upc on the top right of the box if the code is on the case it will be in the bottom left. You are problably having the same problem I am the code was on the instuction book but Its lost.
  21. I completely lost the code you enter to install the game
    i dont have it installed on any computer either
    i have the ISBN on the back but that's it
    anyway i could find this code?
  22. pr2thej said:
    Whats with these old newsgroup threads that keep popping up?

    THG archived them for interweb searching.

    Anonymous said:
    I have tried the code on the back of the box but i dont know why it wont work mine is, ISBN 0-7845-4349-6
    Why wont it work?

    Its not that code. The code is on the back of the manual or something and its about 25 ish characters long!!
  23. >> your own code, you won't be able to install that particular copy of
    >> the game.
    >
    > No they are not . He can get it from his installed copy though.

    Well, they are not CD specific, but I believe they are batch specific.
    How do I know? Because I had the wrong codes on my booklet/manual.
    I had to email EA and ask for new codes, which I could get if I send them
    a picture of the proof of purchase and the back of the booklet where
    the wrong codes were on.(and I did and got new ones.)
    (It also ment that I couldn`t play the game the entire weekend.)
    (it was the old sims by the way)
  24. >> your own code, you won't be able to install that particular copy of
    >> the game.
    >
    > No they are not . He can get it from his installed copy though.

    Well, they are not CD specific, but I believe they are batch specific.
    How do I know? Because I had the wrong codes on my booklet/manual.
    I had to email EA and ask for new codes, which I could get if I send them
    a picture of the proof of purchase and the back of the booklet where
    the wrong codes were on.(and I did and got new ones.)
    (It also ment that I couldn`t play the game the entire weekend.)
    (it was the old sims by the way)
    my email is angel-de@live.com Do you post it me
  25. Quote:

    "alexander" <a.randwijck@wxs.nl> wrote in message
    > My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    > install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
    > computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
    > onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
    > Could anyone give it to me?
    > Thanks,
    > Alexander

    On the computer you have it installed on.

    1 click on start - run

    2 type "regedit" (without the quotes)

    3 In Registry Editor look in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    Electronic Arts
    The Sims 2
    ergc

    4 The install code will be listed in the Data column.

    Just be extremely careful when you are in regedit.
    Do not change anything or you can cause major problems.

    It not work, please send an e-mail to me; hermanh96@hotmil.com to tell me :??:
  26. Listen to me. The guy doesn't want a way to find the code in his hardrive, he doesn't want to know how to mail the box in to get a new code. HE JUST WANTS SOMEONE'S FREAKING CODE! And yes, codes can be reused any amount of times by anyone, so no matter whose code is posted, the guy can use it. Now please stop being idiots. PLEASE. Just give him a code. And no one cares if it is considered mild pirating.
  27. Believe me, you are not going to hell for giving someone an installation code.
  28. Quote:

    "alexander" <a.randwijck@wxs.nl> wrote in message
    > My daughter lost the booklet containing the usercode which is needed to
    > install the game on a computer. The game is actually installed on the
    > computer which I use now. But since I gave an old laptop to my daughter,
    > onto which I want to install the game, I do need the code again.
    > Could anyone give it to me?
    > Thanks,
    > Alexander

    On the computer you have it installed on.

    1 click on start - run

    2 type "regedit" (without the quotes)

    3 In Registry Editor look in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    Electronic Arts
    The Sims 2
    ergc

    4 The install code will be listed in the Data column.

    Just be extremely careful when you are in regedit.
    Do not change anything or you can cause major problems.

    WOW! Thanks! my brothers tore up my booklet, leaving only the begginging half of the code.
    this helped me find the code this accually works!! i'm :bounce: for joy! thxthxthx

Sims Computers Games Video Games