Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
So I finished my build...

Case: CM690
CPU: Amd Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0Ghz Stock Heatsink
Ram: 4gb Kingsotn DDR3-1333
Mobo: ASUS M4a785TD-V EVO
PSU: TX650W Corsair

2x DVD burners (One IDE (grr) and one SATA)
2x SATA HDDs

Now my issue is with the fans:

I am planning on buying a PowerColor HD 4850. People tell me it doesn't make a lot of heat, but if that thing is freezing (not literally) then I am happy.

After a stress test on my PC, my CPU ran at 44C after 2 hours and the North Bridge on my mobo ran at 34C. Lovely.

I currently have 3 case fans - one for exhaust in the rear, one for intake in the front, and one for intake on the side. I am planning on buying 3 more.

I asked on IRC how I should set it up; and someone said like this:
2xtop = intake
2xside = intake
1xfront = intake
1xrear = exhuast

I didn't think that was 100% reasonable... I was thinking:
2xtop = exhaust
2xside = intake
1xfront = intake
1xrear = exhaust

What do you guys think?

Also: my fan mounting screws keep wearing down and are hard for my little arms to screw into place T_T any comments on how to cure it.

Solution
Top = exhaust. Dont fight nature, hot air rises. You should have more exhaust CFM than intake CFM so the case doesnt pressurize and trap hot air.

I dont know about powercolor as a company. XFX, Sapphire, EVGA and ASUS I know and (relatively) trust. XFX has the best warranty (double lifetime).
Top = exhaust. Dont fight nature, hot air rises. You should have more exhaust CFM than intake CFM so the case doesnt pressurize and trap hot air.

I dont know about powercolor as a company. XFX, Sapphire, EVGA and ASUS I know and (relatively) trust. XFX has the best warranty (double lifetime).

Solution

sushiserv

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Mother Nature always leaves me a surprise every month... and always at the wrong times :( I can't win :(

I think i will spend the extra 3$ and get a Sapphire. How are their warranties?

TRENDING THREADS