Sims 2

When launching Sims 2 the following message comes up
CD/DVD Emulation software has been detected, please disable
How do I do this?
Have uninstalled / installed the game and looked every where for this
Emulation software.

My grandkids are waiting for an answer Help

Aussie John
8 answers Last reply
More about sims

    CloneCD is the common culprit for this, but I actually had to format my HD
    in order to get rid of all traces of this (it was time for a clean up any
    way)

    So, my problems aside
    1. It has found something that you can use as a virtual drive and/or burn
    disk copies with.
    2. Uninstall anything that meets this criteria
    3. If it still complains try some kind of registry cleaner
    4. If all this fails I think you'll have to format your HD (unless somebody
    else has a better solution)

    MM

    "John" <kookie1@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > When launching Sims 2 the following message comes up
    > CD/DVD Emulation software has been detected, please disable
    > How do I do this?
    > Have uninstalled / installed the game and looked every where for this
    > Emulation software.
    >
    > My grandkids are waiting for an answer Help
    >
    > Aussie John

    I think people had problems with Nero too.

    "Madame Mimi" <swingles@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > CloneCD is the common culprit for this, but I actually had to format my HD
    > in order to get rid of all traces of this (it was time for a clean up any
    > way)
    >
    > So, my problems aside
    > 1. It has found something that you can use as a virtual drive and/or burn
    > disk copies with.
    > 2. Uninstall anything that meets this criteria
    > 3. If it still complains try some kind of registry cleaner
    > 4. If all this fails I think you'll have to format your HD (unless
    somebody
    > else has a better solution)
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "John" <kookie1@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > When launching Sims 2 the following message comes up
    > > CD/DVD Emulation software has been detected, please disable
    > > How do I do this?
    > > Have uninstalled / installed the game and looked every where for this
    > > Emulation software.
    > >
    > > My grandkids are waiting for an answer Help
    > >
    > > Aussie John

    I've got nero which came with my DVD R/RW and clone CD and have had no
    problems. I also use daemon tools for a virtual drive to use a mini
    image for no cd use. Hope I have no problems with Nightlife
    installation. YIKES!!

    deene

    >I think people had problems with Nero too.
    >

    > "Madame Mimi" <swingles@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> CloneCD is the common culprit for this, but I actually had to format
    >> my HD
    >> in order to get rid of all traces of this (it was time for a clean up
    >> any
    >> way)
    >>
    >> So, my problems aside
    >> 1. It has found something that you can use as a virtual drive and/or
    >> burn
    >> disk copies with.
    >> 2. Uninstall anything that meets this criteria
    >> 3. If it still complains try some kind of registry cleaner
    >> 4. If all this fails I think you'll have to format your HD (unless
    > somebody
    >> else has a better solution)
    >>
    >> MM
    >>

    >> "John" <kookie1@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> > When launching Sims 2 the following message comes up
    >> > CD/DVD Emulation software has been detected, please disable
    >> > How do I do this?
    >> > Have uninstalled / installed the game and looked every where for
    >> > this
    >> > Emulation software.
    >> >
    >> > My grandkids are waiting for an answer Help
    >> >
    >> > Aussie John

    I think it depends on which version of Nero you have. I also have Nero that
    came free with something or other but like most free products, the version
    you get is an older one. It's the newer ones that The Sims recognises. I
    too hope that doesn't change with NL.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
    > I've got nero which came with my DVD R/RW and clone CD and have had no
    > problems. I also use daemon tools for a virtual drive to use a mini
    > image for no cd use. Hope I have no problems with Nightlife
    > installation. YIKES!!
    >
    > deene

    > >I think people had problems with Nero too.
    > >

    > > "Madame Mimi" <swingles@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > >> CloneCD is the common culprit for this, but I actually had to format
    > >> my HD
    > >> in order to get rid of all traces of this (it was time for a clean up
    > >> any
    > >> way)
    > >>
    > >> So, my problems aside
    > >> 1. It has found something that you can use as a virtual drive and/or
    > >> burn
    > >> disk copies with.
    > >> 2. Uninstall anything that meets this criteria
    > >> 3. If it still complains try some kind of registry cleaner
    > >> 4. If all this fails I think you'll have to format your HD (unless
    > > somebody
    > >> else has a better solution)
    > >>
    > >> MM
    > >>

    > >> "John" <kookie1@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

    I have Nero 6 and wasn't having any problems - I just loooove the video
    compilation software in 6. I can take programs I have recorded from my tv
    card and make a dvd with menu and everything in a simple drag and drop way
    (my video editing skills are non-existant).

    MM

    "Madame Mimi" <swingles@bigpond.net.au> schreef in bericht
    > CloneCD is the common culprit for this, but I actually had to format my HD
    > in order to get rid of all traces of this (it was time for a clean up any
    > way)
    >
    > So, my problems aside
    > 1. It has found something that you can use as a virtual drive and/or burn
    > disk copies with.
    > 2. Uninstall anything that meets this criteria
    > 3. If it still complains try some kind of registry cleaner
    > 4. If all this fails I think you'll have to format your HD (unless
    > somebody
    > else has a better solution)
    >
    > MM
    Actually the paranoids should fix this problem
    for you, they can`t dictate what programs you run on your computer.

    "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
    >I think it depends on which version of Nero you have. I also have Nero
    >that
    > came free with something or other but like most free products, the version
    > you get is an older one. It's the newer ones that The Sims recognises. I
    > too hope that doesn't change with NL.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

    Then they should mention this on the package, if they
    don`t, they are not just paranoids, but morons too. ;o)

    On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:31:18 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >I've got nero which came with my DVD R/RW and clone CD and have had no
    >problems. I also use daemon tools for a virtual drive to use a mini
    >image for no cd use. Hope I have no problems with Nightlife
    >installation. YIKES!!

    Nero shouldn't cause any problems, but Sims2 won't work when Clone-CD
    is installed.

Sims Games Emulation Software Video Games