Need a new Heatsink?

so im running the stock fan that came with my core i5 1155 socket and when it idle the themp on the cpu is around 36C, when i run certain games tho iv seen my cpu jump up to 80C. So im looking for a new heatsink that will fin into this case iv got, iv looked at quite a few on newegg but im not too sure, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :]

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146061&Tpk=nzxt%20gamma
15 answers Last reply
More about need heatsink
  1. I'd recommend going for a Hyper 212+ Evo. It has the best price performance ratio going on right now.
  2. im also running a micor atx mobo if that helps any, and yea iv looked at the evo and idk if it will clear the case or my ram...
  3. The hyper 212 will deffinately fit in your case as I have it.
    What motherboard do you have ?
  4. Im running a MSi h61 micro atx mobo...i just dont wanna buy the thing and then it not fit...but i will take your word for it man.
  5. Yep the Evo is a no brainer!
  6. unless you ram has some really tall heatsinks it will fit just fine
  7. yea dude i have 8gb of ripjaw X seres memory....i was kinda concernd about the heatsinks on the ram...
  8. spenceone said:
    yea dude i have 8gb of ripjaw X seres memory....i was kinda concernd about the heatsinks on the ram...

    Shouldn't be an issue i have 4 dimms filled with 2 RipjawsX and 2 Ripjaws(regular which are actually a tad taller)
    Fits fine with 212+ which basically has same dimensions as the EVO.=had to slide fan up barely to clear.like half a cm(1/4 inch)
  9. cool, thanks for all the info man. does it matter wich side the fan is on in the cooler? and does the fan push air through the heatsink or pull the air out? just curious...
  10. spenceone said:
    cool, thanks for all the info man. does it matter wich side the fan is on in the cooler? and does the fan push air through the heatsink or pull the air out? just curious...

    The fan should be mounted on the dimm side(push) for best results out of the box.
  11. ok cool man, Thanks again for all the help! prolly gonna order this tonight even! :]
  12. One more question. Might there be any specific reason that SC2 and skyrim bump my cpu up past 80c, im running a 560 ti so you would think it would take most of the load. idk if there is a setting i can change....what are the average temps for a 1155 core i5 2400..idk...
  13. spenceone said:
    One more question. Might there be any specific reason that SC2 and skyrim bump my cpu up past 80c, im running a 560 ti so you would think it would take most of the load. idk if there is a setting i can change....what are the average temps for a 1155 core i5 2400..idk...

    The fan on the cooler should be blowing air threw the cooler towards the back of your case.
  14. Hyper 212+
  15. didnt really answer my question...but thanks anyway for the reply.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Overclocking Product