This time last year..

Hi

I remember all this build up to the Sims 2 this time last year.

Now again with the sims nightlife

Julia
17 answers Last reply
More about this time year

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:11:38 GMT, "Julia"
    <julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I remember all this build up to the Sims 2 this time last year.
    >
    >Now again with the sims nightlife

    Has it really only been a year since Sims 2 came out???

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > Has it really only been a year since Sims 2 came out???

    What do you mean by 'only'? It only seems as if it's been out a few months
    to me, but having said that I did only get it for Xmas along with GTA: SA,
    which I virtually completed before actually playing TS2 properly. But it
    realy doesn't seem as if TS2s been out that long.

    Julia wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I remember all this build up to the Sims 2 this time last year.
    >

    > Now again with the sims nightlife

    Yes, you can buy stock to this company.

    ....In fact, some of us have! :-)

    --
    --Cuth

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 14:51:33 GMT, "Will Bradshaw"
    <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

    >Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >> Has it really only been a year since Sims 2 came out???
    >
    >What do you mean by 'only'? It only seems as if it's been out a few months
    >to me, but having said that I did only get it for Xmas along with GTA: SA,
    >which I virtually completed before actually playing TS2 properly. But it
    >realy doesn't seem as if TS2s been out that long.

    To mee it feels like 2 years since S2 came out, and like a year since
    Uni LOL... probably because I've played them virtually every day since
    I got them, often the whole day...

    "Guardian Pegasus" wrote...
    > "Will Bradshaw" wrote:
    >>Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >>> Has it really only been a year since Sims 2 came out???
    >>
    >>What do you mean by 'only'? It only seems as if it's been out a few months
    >>to me, but having said that I did only get it for Xmas along with GTA: SA,
    >>which I virtually completed before actually playing TS2 properly. But it
    >>realy doesn't seem as if TS2s been out that long.
    >
    > To mee it feels like 2 years since S2 came out, and like a year since
    > Uni LOL... probably because I've played them virtually every day since
    > I got them, often the whole day...

    OMG!!!

    Ashikaga

    > On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 14:51:33 GMT, "Will Bradshaw"
    > <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >>> Has it really only been a year since Sims 2 came out???
    >>
    >>What do you mean by 'only'? It only seems as if it's been out a few
    >>months
    >>to me, but having said that I did only get it for Xmas along with GTA:
    >>SA,
    >>which I virtually completed before actually playing TS2 properly. But
    >>it
    >>realy doesn't seem as if TS2s been out that long.
    >
    > To mee it feels like 2 years since S2 came out, and like a year since
    > Uni LOL... probably because I've played them virtually every day since
    > I got them, often the whole day...

    How come you have so much spare time? I don't mean to be nosey, but I
    was under the impression you were pretty young.

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:05:32 GMT, "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >OMG!!!

    I wish you could have seen my old city... I filled an entire map of
    this size with lots :-)
    http://home.broadpark.no/~rborsjo/bigmap.jpg

    Each of the boxes can fit 12 of the largest lots :-P

    Too bad, I had built some stunning houses, too...

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:27:05 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >How come you have so much spare time? I don't mean to be nosey, but I
    >was under the impression you were pretty young.

    No problem :-) I suffer from a couple of potentially life-threatning
    conditions, so basically I can't work or study anymore, until I get it
    under control. I'm going for a checkup on wednesday, and my doctor
    will decide to go for a string of operations or continue to treat it
    with medication and a breathing-machine I use at night, so I don't
    choke or get a heart attack.. problem is it isn't working. Potentially
    I might not be here to log onto the group tomorrow... and my doctor
    said it's a miracle I'm still around, given the severity of my
    condition. But I'm young (24), and very strong. I have a strong heart,
    although it's enlarged from the stress, and I have strong lungs and a
    good, strong respitory system. Basically I have one of the worst cases
    of sleep apnea ever recorded in medical history. Symptoms and
    sideeffects include high bloodpressure(currently 150/90 with meds),
    elevated heartrate (100 resting heartrate), low oxygen saturation when
    sleeping (56% enough to make you vomit and pass out if you were
    awake), memory loss, concentration problems, narcolepsi, problems
    sleeping, extreme nausea and headaches (for several hours after I wake
    up), weight gain (I crave quick carbos all the time to keep me going).
    The redistribution of oxygen from the extremities to the vital organs
    causes occasional impotence, and nasty pains and cramps, both in the
    nether regions, including testicles as well as muscles, and can also
    cause my arms and legs to fall asleep for no reason, which is why I
    have to get up and walk around at least a couple of times an hour. I'm
    also sleep deprived, and haven't achieved proper sleep including
    extended REM sleep for 10-12 years, something which has caused great
    bouts of depression and a mild form of paranoia and agoraphobia. For
    years I was diagnosed with psychatric conditions. Aversion syndrome,
    clinical depression etc. So now I try not to take myself too
    seriously, to see things in a humorous light, and to try to enjoy life
    as much as possible.

    The good news is I'm coping, for the moment anyway. I probably
    wouldn't live past 30 if they hadn't diagnosed it. It's sort of a
    camoflagued disease because everyone goes "But you seem so alert,
    quick witted" etc. and don't understand that it takes all my energy
    just to keep up appereances. Some days I just sleep and watch TV,
    while I wait for my idiot doctors to come to some kind of decision.
    The worst thing that could happen would be a stroke. Luckily I have
    low cholesterol etc. and I'm on beta blockers.

    Well, I guess that's more than you really wanted to know about me...
    LOL. It's just that people are often quick to judge me as lazy or
    whatnot :-)

    > On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:27:05 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>How come you have so much spare time? I don't mean to be nosey, but I
    >>was under the impression you were pretty young.
    >
    > No problem :-) I suffer from a couple of potentially life-threatning
    > conditions, so basically I can't work or study anymore, until I get it
    > under control. I'm going for a checkup on wednesday, and my doctor
    > will decide to go for a string of operations or continue to treat it
    > with medication and a breathing-machine I use at night, so I don't
    > choke or get a heart attack.. problem is it isn't working. Potentially
    > I might not be here to log onto the group tomorrow... and my doctor
    > said it's a miracle I'm still around, given the severity of my
    > condition. But I'm young (24), and very strong. I have a strong heart,
    > although it's enlarged from the stress, and I have strong lungs and a
    > good, strong respitory system. Basically I have one of the worst cases
    > of sleep apnea ever recorded in medical history. Symptoms and
    > sideeffects include high bloodpressure(currently 150/90 with meds),
    > elevated heartrate (100 resting heartrate), low oxygen saturation when
    > sleeping (56% enough to make you vomit and pass out if you were
    > awake), memory loss, concentration problems, narcolepsi, problems
    > sleeping, extreme nausea and headaches (for several hours after I wake
    > up), weight gain (I crave quick carbos all the time to keep me going).
    > The redistribution of oxygen from the extremities to the vital organs
    > causes occasional impotence, and nasty pains and cramps, both in the
    > nether regions, including testicles as well as muscles, and can also
    > cause my arms and legs to fall asleep for no reason, which is why I
    > have to get up and walk around at least a couple of times an hour. I'm
    > also sleep deprived, and haven't achieved proper sleep including
    > extended REM sleep for 10-12 years, something which has caused great
    > bouts of depression and a mild form of paranoia and agoraphobia. For
    > years I was diagnosed with psychatric conditions. Aversion syndrome,
    > clinical depression etc. So now I try not to take myself too
    > seriously, to see things in a humorous light, and to try to enjoy life
    > as much as possible.
    >
    > The good news is I'm coping, for the moment anyway. I probably
    > wouldn't live past 30 if they hadn't diagnosed it. It's sort of a
    > camoflagued disease because everyone goes "But you seem so alert,
    > quick witted" etc. and don't understand that it takes all my energy
    > just to keep up appereances. Some days I just sleep and watch TV,
    > while I wait for my idiot doctors to come to some kind of decision.
    > The worst thing that could happen would be a stroke. Luckily I have
    > low cholesterol etc. and I'm on beta blockers.
    >
    > Well, I guess that's more than you really wanted to know about me...
    > LOL. It's just that people are often quick to judge me as lazy or
    > whatnot :-)

    That's awful and I am so sorry to hear this. As far as it being more
    than I wanted to know, I appreciate reading about it as I've learned
    something. I'll keep you in my prayers Guardian. :)

    deene

    "Guardian Pegasus" wrote...
    > On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:05:32 GMT, "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>OMG!!!
    >
    > I wish you could have seen my old city... I filled an entire map of
    > this size with lots :-)
    > http://home.broadpark.no/~rborsjo/bigmap.jpg
    >
    > Each of the boxes can fit 12 of the largest lots :-P
    >
    > Too bad, I had built some stunning houses, too...

    Weird town with super orderly road....

    Ashikaga

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 02:54:03 GMT, "Ashikaga" <citizenashi@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Weird town with super orderly road....

    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE... ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:58:27 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >That's awful and I am so sorry to hear this. As far as it being more
    >than I wanted to know, I appreciate reading about it as I've learned
    >something. I'll keep you in my prayers Guardian. :)

    Thank you so much :-)

    I just feel the need to explain thoroughly when someone asks, because
    it's a complicated illness and I've taken a lot of flak over the
    years, from both friends and extended family for being 'lazy' and
    whatnot. They were thoroughly stunned when I told them hehe

    OMG! you are an amazing person, I couldn't deal with all that myself!!! It's
    frigging amazing your alive.

    --
    Rhiannon

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:14:44 -0400, "Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca>
    wrote:

    >OMG! you are an amazing person, I couldn't deal with all that myself!!! It's
    >frigging amazing your alive.

    Hehe thanks. I come from a family of survivors though... in my family,
    three people have broken their necks. All three survived. Talk about
    statistical improbability! My mom has survived 2 severe and a myriad
    of less severe brain strokes. My dad's survived stomach cancer. My
    grandma survived TB and a bursted... uh.. dont remember the word, the
    thing in your stomach you don't really need. It burst on her when she
    was a child, and nobody listened to her, just told her she was
    exhaggerating, hehe. My grandfather survived getting crushed in a
    cargolifting accident on a ship loading peer. The list basically goes
    on and on LOL.. the average age in my family is 90 for women and 82
    for men.
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > grandma survived TB and a bursted... uh.. dont remember the word, the
    > thing in your stomach you don't really need.

    Appendix, part of the large intestine, or it it small...? IIRC it's at the
    beginning of the large intestine.

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:45:54 GMT, "Will Bradshaw"
    <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

    >Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >> grandma survived TB and a bursted... uh.. dont remember the word, the
    >> thing in your stomach you don't really need.
    >
    >Appendix, part of the large intestine, or it it small...? IIRC it's at the
    >beginning of the large intestine.

    Yes, appendix... dunno quite where it belongs though hehe
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    well you have a good long life ahead of you

    --
    Rhiannon
    > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:14:44 -0400, "Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>OMG! you are an amazing person, I couldn't deal with all that myself!!!
    >>It's
    >>frigging amazing your alive.
    >
    > Hehe thanks. I come from a family of survivors though... in my family,
    > three people have broken their necks. All three survived. Talk about
    > statistical improbability! My mom has survived 2 severe and a myriad
    > of less severe brain strokes. My dad's survived stomach cancer. My
    > grandma survived TB and a bursted... uh.. dont remember the word, the
    > thing in your stomach you don't really need. It burst on her when she
    > was a child, and nobody listened to her, just told her she was
    > exhaggerating, hehe. My grandfather survived getting crushed in a
    > cargolifting accident on a ship loading peer. The list basically goes
    > on and on LOL.. the average age in my family is 90 for women and 82
    > for men.
    > --
    >

    > Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    > your neighbourhood could be next!

Sims Games Build Video Games