Sign in with
Your question

Intel VS Supermicro

Last response: in Motherboards
March 8, 2010 8:01:13 PM

hi !.. i want to update my workstation (arch visualization and 3d works), buy i dont know what MB coud give me better performance Intel S5000xvn or any Supermicro.

thank you

More about : intel supermicro

a b å Intel
a c 216 V Motherboard
March 9, 2010 1:45:10 AM

Any Supermicro motherboard that supports Xeon 5500 series processors will be faster. If you're looking at Xeon 5400 series processors or lower, than the Intel is a fine motherboard. So is the Supermicro MBD-X7DWA-N. Out of curiosity, why did you select a motherboard that doesn't support Xeon Nehalem processors?
March 16, 2010 2:25:45 AM

well in fact i havent dicided what MB i would buy.. the first MB i wanted to buy was Tyan Tempest i5400PW... but i couldnt buy it, here in mexico nobody sell that branch..

i forgot to tell you that i already have a pair of E5410 xeon`s CPU, so i have 2 options a Intel S5000XVN or Supermicro X7DWA-N, .. but i dont know what's better of those MB... i think Supermicro MB is better because it's chipset 5400.. all people buy intel MB.. so what's better to you ?

a b å Intel
a c 216 V Motherboard
March 16, 2010 1:06:52 PM

I agree that the Supermicro X7DWA-N has better specs, but what about support in Mexico? Are they readily available and easy the RMA if you have an issue?
!