Computer cant find d drive

MY DELL 4700 DIMMENTION WITH XP 32 BIT CANT FIND THE D/E DRIVES I TYP IN regedt and it say cant find why
4 answers Last reply
More about computer find drive
  1. steve524 said:
    MY DELL 4700 DIMMENTION WITH XP 32 BIT CANT FIND THE D/E DRIVES I TYP IN regedt and it say cant find why

    Probably a corrupted OS caused by infection, or something else.

    Boot from XP CD and repair-install the OS.
  2. If your drive is broken, then it will doubtful work. You must have made a complete system backup, including the hidden drive. Reboot you PC and Windows will identify the drive (if it works) and install new drivers for you.
  3. ksiemb said:
    Probably a corrupted OS caused by infection, or something else.

    Boot from XP CD and repair-install the OS.

    this is a fresh os system and if you go to my comuter it will show both drive's d/e but when i tell it to find one or the other to install some software and just this one software it cant find the drive's and only with this one software but the software is good i have insalled on many other computer's this just want's to be a pain in the rear but other software install's no problem's in this dell hate them hp is the only way to go
  4. Davidoram said:
    If your drive is broken, then it will doubtful work. You must have made a complete system backup, including the hidden drive. Reboot you PC and Windows will identify the drive (if it works) and install new drivers for you.

    the drive work just fine i can use them to install other cd but this one i have to go to start then go to run typ in d:setup for it to install i do this on all of the computers that i have set up but this one wont work
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Windows XP