Sign in with
Your question

Help Overclocking xfx 6950

Last response: in Overclocking
December 12, 2011 10:52:24 PM

Okay, first of all, lets gets some basic formalities out of the way:

Here is a list of all of my gear, as i dont know how much of this is relevant, i plan on over explaining:
Mobo= Asus m4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
CPU= AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.820GHz
GPU= XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB, this is the first model they had; single fan, Italian race red stripes
RAM= 4x4GB G-Skill Ripjaws-X 1600mhz 9-9-9-24[27] 1T
PSU= 850w CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 Modular
CPU Cooler= Zalman 9500a
Case= Phantom NZXT- 1 front 140mm, 2 top 200mm, 2 side 120mm, 1 side 200mm, 1 rear 120mm

Yes i do know what overclocking is, yes i get the general idea, and i have overclocked cpu's (as is my current one now) but i have never really dabbled with gpu-overclocking, and from this come my questions:

1)What are practical upper limits of overclocking my card, a.k.a: what can i clock to without overheating, or needing some new form of cooling to keep it cool; i do not have the money to currently invest in a third party cooling system for my gpu, but if there are easy ways to use on-hand things to decrease temps, please let me know.

2)Am i able to 'unlock shaders' on this card? (if thats the correct term) and is there any risk to doing so? are the gains worth the risks? and whats the best way to go about doing this?

3)Whats a good/bad max temp for my card at 100% load?

4) How do i actually go about doing this?...

Thanks so much in advance to everyone reading this who might give some input on any of this, i really appreciate the help!

More about : overclocking xfx 6950

!