Corsair A70 and high-profile RAM solutions

Rainshine

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hi,
I'm running an HAF 932 Advanced, bottom mount PSU with MSI Z68 motherboard. I recently purchased a Corsair A70 to go with my i7 chip, pulled the motherboard out, put in the bracket, applied the paste, screwed everything down, then clipped on the fans and realized my mental picture was off. The push fan in the current orientation (vertical) covers up the 3&4 memory slot; and I'm running high profile Kingston RAM. Basically, I can either lose two RAM slots and dual-channel (nah), return the A70 and pick up a different CPU cooler (Hyper 212 maybe...), mount it horizontally to push-pull from the graphics card , or something I haven't thought of yet.

Anyone have advice/experience in this area? I'm leaning towards return and replace, meaning I'd have to pull apart the tower again, but that's the way it goes. Can someone recommend a decent cooler that doesn't cover the memory slots?

jemm

Distinguished
Mounting it horizontally to push-pull from the graphics card isn´t the best idea, though possible.

Unless you go with Corsair Hydro series as Chesteracorgi suggestted, I advise you to pay attention to the air cooler measures agaisnt the space in your mobo. It took a while until I figure out which one to buy, then I got the Hyper 212 Plus.