Unleashing the Family Fortune??

So how does one go about scattering the family fortune painfully
amassed over generations? The Burbs are sitting on about $375k in hard
EA backed simoleans, accruing no interest, with no apparent outlet.
Does a drunken sailor character have to join the family? I want to send
out family members with a tidy wad burning a hole in their respective
pockets. All that they get is a kiss off and $20k from sources that
remain nameless.

gamestersgames@aol.com wrote:
> So how does one go about scattering the family fortune painfully
> amassed over generations? The Burbs are sitting on about $375k in hard
> EA backed simoleans, accruing no interest, with no apparent outlet.
> Does a drunken sailor character have to join the family? I want to send
> out family members with a tidy wad burning a hole in their respective
> pockets. All that they get is a kiss off and $20k from sources that
> remain nameless.

There is a hack out there somewhere that gives each person moving out a
portion of the family wealth. I cannot for the life of me remember what
it's called or who did it. Maybe someone else in here can remember and
point you to it.

Jeanie

I think that was Pescado:

Yup, it's called no 20K handouts

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/hacks/

There's also one called money order which allows you to send money to sims
on other lots (e.g. those at university, illegitimate children, etc.)

Best wishes
maxon

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> gamestersgames@aol.com wrote:
> > So how does one go about scattering the family fortune painfully
> > amassed over generations? The Burbs are sitting on about $375k in hard
> > EA backed simoleans, accruing no interest, with no apparent outlet.
> > Does a drunken sailor character have to join the family? I want to send
> > out family members with a tidy wad burning a hole in their respective
> > pockets. All that they get is a kiss off and $20k from sources that
> > remain nameless.
> >
> There is a hack out there somewhere that gives each person moving out a
> portion of the family wealth. I cannot for the life of me remember what
> it's called or who did it. Maybe someone else in here can remember and
> point you to it.
>
> Jeanie

Jeanie wrote:
(For that reason, I usually use
> Merola's Multi-painting to "age" the home sims at least four days after
> I bring the student home.
>
> Jeanie

Jeanie, do you happen to remember where you downloaded
that painting?

Laura

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:36:33 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Jeanie, do you happen to remember where you downloaded
>that painting?

You can do the same thing with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and
spawning the tombstone of L & D, or shift leftclick the sim and set to
birthday. I don't understand why people want outside hacks for this
and that when the debug accomplishes that and much, much more :)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:36:33 GMT, Laura Castellano
> <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Jeanie, do you happen to remember where you downloaded
>>that painting?
>

> You can do the same thing with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and
> spawning the tombstone of L & D, or shift leftclick the sim and set to
> birthday. I don't understand why people want outside hacks for this
> and that when the debug accomplishes that and much, much more :)

Well, I don't want to set them all the way to the next age transition or
birthday. I just want to age them a few days. The painting does that
very easily, along with a dozen other things (like setting the career
and level, school grade, aspiration, letting you rename the sim,
refreshing or draining any or all needs for any and all sims on the lot,
etc.) and it does it WITHOUT a ton of error messages. I always get
scads of error messages when I try to use the boolprop.

Jeanie

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:04:04 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Well, I don't want to set them all the way to the next age transition or
>birthday. I just want to age them a few days. The painting does that

Ahh, I see.

>very easily, along with a dozen other things (like setting the career
>and level, school grade, aspiration, letting you rename the sim,
>refreshing or draining any or all needs for any and all sims on the lot,

It does all of these things too though.

>etc.) and it does it WITHOUT a ton of error messages. I always get
>scads of error messages when I try to use the boolprop.

Yeah, but the errormessages don't actually have any bearing on your
game. The painting probably just prohibits or skips the reporting of
errors. They are still occurring.

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:16:00 +0200 Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>>etc.) and it does it WITHOUT a ton of error messages. I always get
>>scads of error messages when I try to use the boolprop.
>
> Yeah, but the errormessages don't actually have any bearing on your
> game. The painting probably just prohibits or skips the reporting of
> errors. They are still occurring.

But you can continue to play and don't have to click on 1 message a second.
;)

Dorte

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:05:15 +0200, Dorte Schünecke
<schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote:

>But you can continue to play and don't have to click on 1 message a second.
>;)

You mean you get popup windows?

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:05:15 +0200, Dorte Schünecke
> <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote:
>

>>But you can continue to play and don't have to click on 1 message a second.
>>;)
>

> You mean you get popup windows?

Yes. Don't you?

Jeanie

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:10:25 +0200 Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:05:15 +0200, Dorte Schünecke
> <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote:
>
>>But you can continue to play and don't have to click on 1 message a second.
>>;)
>
> You mean you get popup windows?

All the time, at least in houses that I've played in for quite a while. I
can't play them with boolprop on.

Dorte

>So how does one go about scattering the family fortune painfully
>amassed over generations? The Burbs are sitting on about $375k in hard
>EA backed simoleans, accruing no interest, with no apparent outlet.
>Does a drunken sailor character have to join the family? I want to send
>out family members with a tidy wad burning a hole in their respective
>pockets. All that they get is a kiss off and $20k from sources that
>remain nameless.

I noticed there was an ATM machine on MTS2 that allowed you send money
to other Sims and deposit it in the bank. Nothing more then the hacks
that do the same but making it an ATM machine is a neat way to package
it.

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:16:41 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> You mean you get popup windows?
>
>Yes. Don't you?

Not related to the debug cheats. The only times I get popups is if the
Nanny makes a snafu, or someone is holding a toddler and they have a
birthday. Cause you can't hold a child, hehe.

Besides that, I hardly ever get them, and I use the debug cheats
literally all the time, to control aspects of my game better.

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:25:18 +0200, Dorte Schünecke
<schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote:

>All the time, at least in houses that I've played in for quite a while. I
>can't play them with boolprop on.

Strange... Jeanie does too. I never do. Maybe you guys have a global
hack or something in common that's messing it up?

The set up of the game seems to vary from system to system, for example,
some people can type the cheat codes how they like while most of us have to
be careful to get the capitalisation right or some people can put some skins
in a sub-folder in Downloads whereas most of us have to have them just in
Downloads. Maybe it's just something like that - it displays the errors
messages as pop ups for you whereas for me, they're all in the debug (cheat)
screen.

Best wishes
maxon

Maxon wrote:
> I think that was Pescado:
>
> Yup, it's called no 20K handouts
>
> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/hacks/
>
> There's also one called money order which allows you to send money to sims
> on other lots (e.g. those at university, illegitimate children, etc.)
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

The Maxter. Maxmeister. Maxorama. Ca va? What say we get together. Swap
some recipes and old war stories. Switch into sweats to demolish a
Camry sized slab of strawberry cheesecake floating in a vat of Kahlua.
We'll be loose enough to forget about varicose veins, get into the
thermal dynamics of cold sweats and hot flashes then why we dress up to
defrag. Afterwards we can work it off by picking up a couple of
hitchhikers and jitterbugging until dawn in some sleazy bebop joint on
the wrong side of the tracks. Whaddayasay? Pick a date.

Jeanie wrote:

> There is a hack out there somewhere that gives each person moving out a
> portion of the family wealth. I cannot for the life of me remember what
> it's called or who did it. Maybe someone else in here can remember and
> point you to it.
>
> Jeanie

No kidding? Why do they have those large houses for sale if they cannot
possibly be purchased? I thought that there was surely some method
overlooked by my limited noviate skills. I did a trial marriage between
Lucy and Mort. It seemed peculiar when he brought a measly $51k from
his stash of half a mill. Thats when they switched to the change booth.
Hes still shooting blanks and Lucy is only 6 days away from geezerhood.
I was hoping to send her off in style befitting her status as family
elder and sole surviving starter sim. A $350k mausoleum with a
centerpiece urn. The sort of place where you can drop the obstacle
course and lose it amid the garish clutter. Then potlatch. Stack the
kindling in front of the fireplace and light her up.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:25:18 +0200, Dorte Schünecke
> <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote:
>

>>All the time, at least in houses that I've played in for quite a while. I
>>can't play them with boolprop on.
>

> Strange... Jeanie does too. I never do. Maybe you guys have a global
> hack or something in common that's messing it up?

Not me. I had no hacks in the game whatsoever when I was using that
cheat. I stopped using it and started using the hacks.

Jeanie

Maxon wrote:
> The set up of the game seems to vary from system to system, for example,
> some people can type the cheat codes how they like while most of us have to
> be careful to get the capitalisation right or some people can put some skins
> in a sub-folder in Downloads whereas most of us have to have them just in
> Downloads. Maybe it's just something like that - it displays the errors
> messages as pop ups for you whereas for me, they're all in the debug (cheat)
> screen.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

I had them both places. The cheat box was extremely full of errors and
I'd get one pop-up after another.

Jeanie

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:28:05 GMT Jeanie wrote:

>> Strange... Jeanie does too. I never do. Maybe you guys have a global
>> hack or something in common that's messing it up?
>

> Not me. I had no hacks in the game whatsoever when I was using that
> cheat. I stopped using it and started using the hacks.

Me too, the error popups were the reason I started getting into hacks.

Dorte