Sign in with
Your question

CPU Buying Guide....

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 9, 2009 11:06:19 AM

I need to ask u people out there...

I'm looking for a cpu to buy....

I have one choice only and it is Amd Athlon LE-1640 becoz I my place does not sell any Amd Athlon X2...

Can i just buy the Amd Athlon LE-1640 or I try to search other shop for the Amd Athlon X2...

I am using this CPU for casual gaming like COD6.....

Does it run multitasking great??

More about : cpu buying guide

a b à CPUs
December 9, 2009 12:18:23 PM

Why can't you purchase something online (like a internet retailer)?
There are Prepaid credit cards and some retailers like newegg ( if you live within the U.S. or Canada) even let you order items by check.
Where do you live first of all (country).
The Athlon LE-1640 is a single core CPU.It's a great single core but only multi core CPU's like Dual Core,Triple Core or Quad Cores will multitask well.
What is your motherboard brand and model?
Is it an AM2 based motherboard or AM2+ type?
If you had an AM2+ miotherboard it could be quite possible that a lot more CPU types could be used.
The more information that you have the more we can help.
m
l
December 9, 2009 12:27:50 PM

I am living at Malaysia....

I am using Abit AN52S AM2 chipset...

This is because AMD Athlon X2 is hard to find in this country because it is being replace by AMD Athlon II X2.....
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 9, 2009 12:59:52 PM

I see. I was hoping that Amazon.com could ship there but your country is not listed as a country they ship to unfortunately.
Its this ebay in Malaysia? perhaps you could purchase your CPU there as I do see some AMD Athlon X2's listed.

http://computers-networking.shop.ebay.com.my:80/Compute...
m
l
December 10, 2009 2:49:29 AM

I'm on low budget....

My budget is RM550 in Malaysia for the CPU,Graphic card,Memory,PSU,Hard Disk and Disk Drive....

I'm not going to buy it online because it is expensive than that is sold on the shop....

For the graphic card,memory,PSU,Hard Disk and Disk Drive I have already found it but my prob is the CPU...
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 11, 2009 12:28:40 PM

Unfortunately I can't help you then.I guess you will have to find a local computer store that still sells the Athlon X2's.Perhaps some other Tom's Hardware forum user from Malaysia might pop up and respond though it would be rare.
m
l
December 12, 2009 4:01:26 AM

ok..thanks for the helping...

so I better look for the shop...

anyway..

thanks..
m
l
!