Sim PE and bringing back loved ones

Archived from groups: alt.binaries.games.thesims,alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

Hello to all!
I am trying to use Sim PE to install memories back into Bella Goth so
that she can go back home to Mortimer (Those of you who knw how to use Sim
PE know what I mean). Anyway, it seems that no matter what I do her picture
still seems "shaded out" in the "Memories" area. Anyone have any
suggestions?
-Kevin
BTW this is for the Sims 2 in case anyone didn't know.

Archived from groups: alt.binaries.games.thesims,alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

Doesn't that mean she's classed as dead as far as they are concerned? I'd
have a look at their relationships panel and see what it says about Bella
there. Which Bella BTW, the one in Strangetown or the 'dead' one in
Pleasantville? I'm not sure she is really dead but she's one of Maxis's
fixed 'non-present' characters - they've done something to her file which
means her family see her as effectively dead. That's why Mortimer can marry
again without having to divorce her.

Best wishes
maxon

> Doesn't that mean she's classed as dead as far as they are concerned? I'd
> have a look at their relationships panel and see what it says about Bella
> there. Which Bella BTW, the one in Strangetown or the 'dead' one in
> Pleasantville? I'm not sure she is really dead but she's one of Maxis's
> fixed 'non-present' characters - they've done something to her file which
> means her family see her as effectively dead. That's why Mortimer can
> marry
> again without having to divorce her.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Bella in Pleasantville isn't dead. She is just un-housed. You can import
her with one of the teleporters.
--
Moni

"fmomoon" <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> Doesn't that mean she's classed as dead as far as they are concerned?
>> I'd
>> have a look at their relationships panel and see what it says about Bella
>> there. Which Bella BTW, the one in Strangetown or the 'dead' one in
>> Pleasantville? I'm not sure she is really dead but she's one of Maxis's
>> fixed 'non-present' characters - they've done something to her file which
>> means her family see her as effectively dead. That's why Mortimer can
>> marry
>> again without having to divorce her.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> maxon
>
> Bella in Pleasantville isn't dead. She is just un-housed. You can import
> her with one of the teleporters.
> --
> Moni

Any suggestions as to which one would work best (teleporter that is)?

-Kevin

2 step process in SimPE

In her memories it goes something like:
Initialised
Invisible Token: I am Dead

Delete the I am Dead token and commit it.

(I didn't bother with memories as I was only aiming to kill her off
again so I could have a Bella-ghost - that and I wasn't confident
enough to play with SimPE any more than that)

Use Inge's teleporter shrub plus to first summon Bella onto the lot,
then move her in.

I then used boolprop to kill her off from fright (seemed only fair,
she's been stuck in that mothership for far too long).

~*~
vecki

Archived from groups: alt.binaries.games.thesims,alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

She's not dead, but if you import her, she remebers dying and has to rejoin
the spirit world. Using Sim PE, you have to erase her memory of dying. If
you teleport her in, and she dies, you can resurrect her with the paranormal
career reward (just make sure to offer the reaper proper compensation!)

Good luck!
"Kevin & Freida Livingston" <kevida97@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello to all!
> I am trying to use Sim PE to install memories back into Bella Goth so
> that she can go back home to Mortimer (Those of you who knw how to use Sim
> PE know what I mean). Anyway, it seems that no matter what I do her
> picture still seems "shaded out" in the "Memories" area. Anyone have any
> suggestions?
> -Kevin
> BTW this is for the Sims 2 in case anyone didn't know.

Archived from groups: alt.binaries.games.thesims,alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

Well, I didn't say she was dead, just effectively dead as far as her family
are concerned and that's why she's greyed out and Mortimer can marry.

Best wishes
maxon

"fmomoon" <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Bella in Pleasantville isn't dead. She is just un-housed. You can import
> her with one of the teleporters.
> --
> Moni

You may also want to delete the memories all her family have of her being
dead (which are also invisible).

MM

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>2 step process in SimPE
>
> In her memories it goes something like:
> Initialised
> Invisible Token: I am Dead
>
> Delete the I am Dead token and commit it.
>
> (I didn't bother with memories as I was only aiming to kill her off
> again so I could have a Bella-ghost - that and I wasn't confident
> enough to play with SimPE any more than that)
>
> Use Inge's teleporter shrub plus to first summon Bella onto the lot,
> then move her in.
>
> I then used boolprop to kill her off from fright (seemed only fair,
> she's been stuck in that mothership for far too long).
>
> ~*~
> vecki

Archived from groups: alt.binaries.games.thesims,alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

> Doesn't that mean she's classed as dead as far as they are concerned? I'd
> have a look at their relationships panel and see what it says about Bella
> there. Which Bella BTW, the one in Strangetown or the 'dead' one in
> Pleasantville? I'm not sure she is really dead but she's one of Maxis's
> fixed 'non-present' characters - they've done something to her file which
> means her family see her as effectively dead. That's why Mortimer can
> marry
> again without having to divorce her.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "Kevin & Freida Livingston" <kevida97@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hello to all!
>> I am trying to use Sim PE to install memories back into Bella Goth so
>> that she can go back home to Mortimer (Those of you who knw how to use
>> Sim
>> PE know what I mean). Anyway, it seems that no matter what I do her
> picture
>> still seems "shaded out" in the "Memories" area. Anyone have any
>> suggestions?
>> -Kevin
>> BTW this is for the Sims 2 in case anyone didn't know.

Use of teleporters (et al) aside, is there a way to "un-grey" her using SIM
PE? There has to be a way to do this!

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> You may also want to delete the memories all her family have of her being
> dead (which are also invisible).
>
> MM
>

> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>2 step process in SimPE
>>
>> In her memories it goes something like:
>> Initialised
>> Invisible Token: I am Dead
>>
>> Delete the I am Dead token and commit it.
>>
>> (I didn't bother with memories as I was only aiming to kill her off
>> again so I could have a Bella-ghost - that and I wasn't confident
>> enough to play with SimPE any more than that)
>>
>> Use Inge's teleporter shrub plus to first summon Bella onto the lot,
>> then move her in.
>>
>> I then used boolprop to kill her off from fright (seemed only fair,
>> she's been stuck in that mothership for far too long).
>>
>> ~*~
>> vecki

They were both very good suggestions but she's still "greyed out" in SIM PE.

Archived from groups: alt.binaries.games.thesims,alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

Have you removed their memories of her being dead, as well as her memories
and the ghost flags?

MM

>> Doesn't that mean she's classed as dead as far as they are concerned?
>> I'd
>> have a look at their relationships panel and see what it says about Bella
>> there. Which Bella BTW, the one in Strangetown or the 'dead' one in
>> Pleasantville? I'm not sure she is really dead but she's one of Maxis's
>> fixed 'non-present' characters - they've done something to her file which
>> means her family see her as effectively dead. That's why Mortimer can
>> marry
>> again without having to divorce her.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> maxon
>>

>> "Kevin & Freida Livingston" <kevida97@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Hello to all!
>>> I am trying to use Sim PE to install memories back into Bella Goth
>>> so
>>> that she can go back home to Mortimer (Those of you who knw how to use
>>> Sim
>>> PE know what I mean). Anyway, it seems that no matter what I do her
>> picture
>>> still seems "shaded out" in the "Memories" area. Anyone have any
>>> suggestions?
>>> -Kevin
>>> BTW this is for the Sims 2 in case anyone didn't know.
>>>

> Use of teleporters (et al) aside, is there a way to "un-grey" her using
> SIM PE? There has to be a way to do this!

Archived from groups: alt.binaries.games.thesims,alt.binaries.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

OK. I just found your negative answer to this one in another part of this
thread.

It's a bit hard to tell what you've done when and where she is grey, so bear
with me a minute while I tell you how I got her back.

I did all the unticking and such in SimPE and then she still wouldn't turn
up properly. I used SimPE to move her into a house that wasn't Mortimers and
then the teleport shrub to get her around to his place. She still didn't
turn up properly - she was uninteractable. So I used the bush to move her in
with another group of Sims and then again teleported her onto Monty's lot,
that time she was fine.

I am sorry I cannot give you more definative advice than this. I wish you
luck.

MM