Sign in with
Your question

Advice on mobo choice

Last response: in Motherboards
March 9, 2010 5:34:00 AM

I've managed to get a i5-750 setup for approximatively the same price as a AMD Phenom II X4 965 similar setup. The only big difference between both of those are the mobos. I would love to be pointed out toward the better one on these as I am pretty clueless on the subject.

GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 AM3 AMD 790FX http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
or
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P LGA 1156 Intel P55 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Thanks

Syko

More about : advice mobo choice

March 9, 2010 7:36:57 AM

great mobo...are the same....but intel is much better.GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P LGA 1156 Intel P55
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 9, 2010 6:40:07 PM

What will be the main purpose of the build. For gaming, I would go AMD for the higher overclock and framerates.

For video editing work, I would go Intel.
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2010 1:02:29 AM

I'd say theres not much of a difference, but there are a few more boards that are possible a better buy, unless you really need 8 sata ports. Evga, MSI, and Gigabyte all have Mobo's in the 130-170 range with basically the same specs. I think the evga one is the LE or the SLI, and GD65 or GD80 for MSI both have outstanding reviews. im not sure if those have SLI support tho, but i hope this helps a bit
m
l
March 11, 2010 8:19:31 AM

not true.
1.for gaming INTEL
2.for video editing INTEL
3.for all you need INTEL
4.for a few dollars more INTEL
5.and just for a very small buget AMD

AND ABOUT GAMING PERFORMANCE???WHO TOLD YOU THAT AMD IS BETTER????LOL..this is an old story, than amd thunderbird it was versus INTEL pIII.

overclock and framerates????RULLES INTEL WITH CHIPSET INTEL P55 EVENTuALY!

m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2010 12:58:52 PM

ussr said:
not true.
1.for gaming INTEL
2.for video editing INTEL
3.for all you need INTEL
4.for a few dollars more INTEL
5.and just for a very small buget AMD

AND ABOUT GAMING PERFORMANCE???WHO TOLD YOU THAT AMD IS BETTER????LOL..this is an old story, than amd thunderbird it was versus INTEL pIII.

overclock and framerates????RULLES INTEL WITH CHIPSET INTEL P55 EVENTuALY!

Whatever Intel is paying you, check with AMD in case they want top double your salary, lol....
m
l
!