Is the corsair h60 liquid conductive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
hi guys i just bought an h60 watercooling kit and was wondering if the liquid they use is conductive on not?

any replies will be greatley appriciated. :bounce:

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Shouldn't matter- it's a sealed loop.

But to answer your question, any liquid can be conductive, especially when it is in direct contact with metals. As a non-conductive fluid moves over metal, it will pick up traces of whatever it is in contact with and become conductive (if metal), but will also pick up traces of the plastic/rubber tubing as well.

So, in short, yes- if it isn't conductive out of the box...at some point it will be, regardless. Is there a reason you ask?

Well, there's that, but there was also that teardown around here of an H50, and the cooler had a good amount of stuff in it that would be conductive (anti-corrosion additives, etc)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Possibly, but this is a risk that everyone using liquid cooling takes- the only ones that ever really had any issue with leaking were the original release H50's. However, you are very unlikely to have a leak with one of these coolers, so relax. I'm not sure where you are seeing where watercooling leaks...? I've watercooled for 9+ years and only ever had 1 leak- and it was my fault for not taking my time and doing it right...but that was on a full watercooling loop- what you have is a sealed LCS cooler. Totally different.

Lutfij

Titan
unless you take an NT cutter and splice that plastic tubing than you're all fine and dandy.

Watercooling 101 - all liquids become conductive. Even non conductive water running in your loop can pick up debris and become conductive.

dirt on your board can cause this, dirt in your loop can also cause this.

sealed loops are completely hastle free but the H50 mod that i did requires me to maintain it regularly like a normal/custom WC loop/build

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If a Corsair LCLC leaks, just make them buy you a new system.

While this might be a best-case scenario, they won't do it. They will do everything in their power to place the blame for any failure onto the user since they opened the box, installed it and then had the failure. As far as they are concerned, if it left the factory in the box, it's pristine. Any failures would the be due to 'operator error', even though in reality this isn't the case. If you wanted to be really safe, go with a hardware vendor like EVGA who will replace via RMA just about anything they sell for any reason. I killed a video card due to my own mistake during a watercooling mishap and they gladly replaced the card. You need to ensure you register the components within 30 days of purchase for this to be possible, mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.