9400 gt not working after bios flash

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
i had installed a different vendor bios in my 9400 gt. after reboot my monitor shows no signal while the cpu is running.
i tried blind flash using a bootable usb but when pc starts the led on the usb does not light indicating that computer has stop responding after graphic card bios check up while monitor is not displaying anything. HELP!

4745454b

Titan
Can you grab another video card? Even an old PCI card will work. Put it in, reset the bios, and once you have it up and running plug the 9400GT back in and try flashing.

Considering the age of the card, you might wan tot just toss it and get a new one.

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

wait that means i have to get a pci card.put it in my motherboard after removing my 9400gt. And reset the bios. What that means? Why i have to reset that pci graphic card bios when the problem is in my 9400gt bios.pls explain the process clearly.

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

wait that means i have to get a pci card.put it in my motherboard after removing my 9400gt. And reset the bios. What that means? Why i have to reset that pci graphic card bios when the problem is in my 9400gt bios.pls explain the process clearly.

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Pls help. Explain me the full process and also why i have to reset the bios of that pci card while the problem is in my 9400gt bios. What i understand is that somehow i have to flash my 9400gt with my original bios. But that can't be done as when i boot my pc with 9400gt & bootable usb stick containing nvflash plugged the led on usb doesnot light up indicating that - when pc starts it first check graphic card bios. But as there is problem in gc bios ,pc hangs there. pc doesnot further load up and therefore bootable pd doesnot boot.

4745454b

Titan
If you don't know how to reset a bios, why are you flashing the bios of video cards? Not meaning to be rude, but I get the feeling that you've sort of shot yourself in the foot here.

If your 9400GT isn't working because of a bad bios (card) flash, then we need to get it working again. What you need is a way to see what you're doing. As I said and hyperrreader is asking about, you need either another PCIe, PCI, or onboard video card. Pull the not working 9400GT out so it doesn't "confuse" the system. You then put the new card in. Because the bios (motherboard, or mobo) is looking to boot a PCIe card, you need to reset the bios (mobo) to system defaults. This usually means moving a jumper or pulling the button battery.

Once you have it working go into the bios (mobo) and make sure it will "int first" whatever GPU you are using. (onboard or PCI. Make sure it doesn't "int first" the PCIe) After that you can shut down and put the 9400GT back in and load either the saved original (you did save the original bios right???) or the correct downloaded bios (9400GT).

Hope that helped.

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Ok! I have a onboard graphic card & one pci express slot. I don't have any other pci or pci-e graphic card. When i booted with onboard gc pc works .then i changed mobo bio to load only onboard gc. Then i plugged the nvidia 9400gt and restart the pc. It works fine. But when i use nvflash it says"no nvidia adapter found".

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Ok! I have a onboard graphic card & one pci express slot. I don't have any other pci or pci-e graphic card. When i booted with onboard gc pc works .then i changed mobo bio to load only onboard gc. Then i plugged the nvidia 9400gt and restart the pc. It works fine. But when i use nvflash it says"no nvidia adapter found".

hyperreader

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
ok , first tell us whether you saved your bios or not , if not you might as well dump your card as it is a piece of crap now , and you can get a good one for like 60$.

do not set your motherboard to use only onboard graphics as it might cause it to not detect the 9400GT.

then if it detects the card , flash it back to its original settings.

by the way what bios did you flash the card with.

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
yes i had my original bios. i flash my palit card with a msi bios.i could not flash it back as after plugging it computer do not work(yet the cpu works) and the bootable pd also don't works . pls help..........................................................

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
you don't get my problem . i know that i have to reflash my graphic card with my original bios with a bootable usb(and i had made it) but the real problem is when i start the computer with 9400 gt plugged, it just hangs at the graphic card bios checkup. the bootable pendrive also don't light up(as it will boot after graphic card bios checkup) :sweat: . is there any physical way on the graphic card to clear the bios.or just tell me a method to bypass graphic card bios check up at startup, so that pc don't hangs there and bootable usb will do its work of reflashing the bios.but i think if pc will bypass gc bios checkup then it cannot identify graphic card and nvflash will say"no nvidia adapter found". please help. you are my only hope.

mehulparmar31

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
you don't get my problem . i know that i have to reflash my graphic card with my original bios with a bootable usb(and i had made it) but the real problem is when i start the computer with 9400 gt plugged, it just hangs at the graphic card bios checkup. the bootable pendrive also don't light up(as it will boot after graphic card bios checkup) :sweat: . is there any physical way on the graphic card to clear the bios.or just tell me a method to bypass graphic card bios check up at startup, so that pc don't hangs there and bootable usb will do its work of reflashing the bios.but i think if pc will bypass gc bios checkup then it cannot identify graphic card and nvflash will say"no nvidia adapter found". please help. you are my only hope.