Your question
Solved

SLOW!!!!!!!! AMD 1100T + Asus M488TD-V Evo

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
December 15, 2011 3:10:17 AM

I am having a huge problem and can't figure it out. I don't know if this is the right forum, and if not, please direct me to the right one. I built a rig about 6 months ago, using the following items:

Asus M488TD-V Evo Mobo
AMD 1100T Black Edition
Radeon 5830 Video Card
8GB Patriot DDR3 RAM
Upgraded Heatsink Fan

Everything worked great for about 3 months and I turned it off to move, and it's been 3 months or so since I've turned it back on.

It still starts up and runs fine at first. But if it runs for more than 3-5 minutes, it gets sluggish and unresponsive. I can't get into any menus fast enough to really open anything up. From what I can tell by feeling around inside, it's not getting hot at all, but I know that's not a very scientific reading.

I think that I used the Turbo V overclocking program to overclock it when it was running, but it's now been too long for me to remember. I've opened it up to look for loose connections, but nothing catches my eye.

Please tell me you guys may have an idea at all as to why this computer is running like ass.

More about : slow amd 1100t asus m488td evo

Best solution

December 21, 2011 8:52:02 PM

Dick0550 said:
I am having a huge problem and can't figure it out. I don't know if this is the right forum, and if not, please direct me to the right one. I built a rig about 6 months ago, using the following items:

Asus M488TD-V Evo Mobo
AMD 1100T Black Edition
Radeon 5830 Video Card
8GB Patriot DDR3 RAM
Upgraded Heatsink Fan

Everything worked great for about 3 months and I turned it off to move, and it's been 3 months or so since I've turned it back on.

It still starts up and runs fine at first. But if it runs for more than 3-5 minutes, it gets sluggish and unresponsive. I can't get into any menus fast enough to really open anything up. From what I can tell by feeling around inside, it's not getting hot at all, but I know that's not a very scientific reading.

I think that I used the Turbo V overclocking program to overclock it when it was running, but it's now been too long for me to remember. I've opened it up to look for loose connections, but nothing catches my eye.

Please tell me you guys may have an idea at all as to why this computer is running like ass.

You may have already tried this but what about running spyware/malware/virus scan, failing that maybe a Windows repair/install? It may not necessarily be the hardware.
December 27, 2011 11:01:04 PM

Best answer selected by Dick0550.
m
l
Related resources
!