Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cases
  • Fan
  • Cooling
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
December 15, 2011 4:04:11 AM

Hey guys, currently I've decided on the noctua nh-d14 cpu cooler, xfx 6970, xfx semi modular 750 w xxx series psu and the haf-x case. noise isn't much of an issue for me but i want the best possible airflow and case fan setup for cooling my i5-2500k. amazon, tigerdirect or any aussie sites [scorptech.com.au, pccasegear.com] are the sites i'm limited to looking at. (scythe is difficult to get in aus) thanks for any help!

More about : haf case fan setup noise issue

a c 197 K Overclocking
December 15, 2011 4:21:12 AM

What is the question?

Basic rule of fans in an air-cooled system is:
Front and side - intake.
Top and rear - exhaust.
m
l
December 15, 2011 11:37:25 PM

Well the question really is what fans should I look at getting. I have to buy it all at once so won't get an oppertunity to look/measure the case to see what i can fit into it. also I'm far from an expert would like advice from someone with experience in this area.
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2011 11:48:58 PM

Well the question really is what fans should I look at getting. I have to buy it all at once so won't get an oppertunity to look/measure the case to see what i can fit into it. also I'm far from an expert would like advice from someone with experience in this area.
m
l
December 15, 2011 11:50:51 PM

I can tell you my fan arrangement which cost about $300 including shipping from pccasegear a couple months ago, however i replaced every fan in the case for a blue lighting scheme. I bought 4x200mm Coolermaster megaflow blue leds fans for the front intake, side intake and top exhaust (2 in the top) then there 2 120cm blue led fans i cant remember which brand but i picked them up because they do 90cfm at 19 dba, if you dont know cfm is one of the ways to measure a fans capacity to move air. I slapped one of those are the rear exhaust and used cable ties to mount the other to the inside of a drive bay cover and create a 2nd front exhaust fan directly above the first. I also got 2 scythe slipstreams ~2000rpm which do ~115cfm and are strapped to my heatsink. I have a 3000rpm sycthe ultra kaze in the vga duct(that thing is loud but pumps the air) also i have an 8cm fan in the vga bracket, i think it was cooler master, that fan needs to be only 15mm thick to fit though. All that plus my nzxt sentry 2 fan controller cost a bundle but was worth it for the sweet temps in my case now (until i get my watercooling finished).

Note to use the side fan,vga mount AND vga duct i had to remove the duct on the side of the case, also because my 6970 is so long i had to hack at the vga duct abit to get the pcie 8/6pin connectors in. If you want after i finish work i can show you picks of my layout and fans.
m
l
!