Can't install hdmi audio driver on Gigabyte HD 4550 (gv-r455d3-5121)

greenleaf_vt

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
So I just tried to get the audio going through my hdtv via HDMI I know the card (Radion hd 4550/4350) can do this but I think I installed sp2 before I had this card in the computer. Now have tried lots of updates from realtec-ATI-gigabyte but it all comes down to having sp2 installed and all the updates end with an error saying that sp2 is already installed no driver found to update. Has anyone had this problem? Is their a hidden MS update to fix this? Or is their anyway to force the updates to overwrite the old drivers. I'm at a loss for ideas here.

greenleaf_vt

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Yeah I can't get any audio over the hdmi to my hdtv. It says that I should be able to go to my sound control panel and change the speaker setting to hdmi but its not an option.

greenleaf_vt

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Tried reinstalling newest CCC my ms framework is up to date no change. What kills me is the instructions are for vista in all documentation. Little help. I have a cobra 5.1 optical card installed as well and tried uninstalling that just to see if it was causing a problem with the onboard sound. Still had onboard sound but no audio over hdmi.