List of CPU coolers for i7 2600K

senthurpandian

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hi,

Can anyone give me a list of CPU coolers which suits i7 2600k. If possible kindly provide max clock possible with each coolers and their respective temperature in a stable run. Also find my specs as below.

It can be Air/Water cooling.

Cheers!

Senthur
---------------------
Intel i7 2600k | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Asus GTX 570 | 8G Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3
Samsung 23" LED @ 1080p | 2TB WD HDD @ 6 Gbps | Corsair TX 750W PSU | CM HAF 912 chassis

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I have been having this problem with a 2500k - I am unsure which cooler to Choose.

The information I have gathered so far is that to hit 5ghz you will need at least a Corsair H80/H100 or a NH C14 for safe temps with a VERY GOOD chip.

If I were to recommend any proper watercooling kits it would have to be the XSPC Rasa RS360 or the RS240 for price/performance or the Larkooler KU3 241 Extreme for sheer CPU cooling power (From certain sites the latter is only £20 more than the former and often provides better performance) - All these kits will provide you with the power to cool a 1.5v+ 2600k at very safe temps (~60c)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If I were to recommend any proper watercooling kits it would have to be the XSPC Rasa RS360 or the RS240 for price/performance or the Larkooler KU3 241 Extreme for sheer CPU cooling power (From certain sites the latter is only £20 more than the former and often provides better performance) - All these kits will provide you with the power to cool a 1.5v+ 2600k at very safe temps (~60c)

You are right on with the Rasa kits, wrong that the Larkooler is any better. The Rasa CPU block is one of the top 5 blocks you can buy right now, with the XSPC Raystorm performing better than its predecessor. The Larkooler pump appears to be a scaled down Jingway or a Thermaltake model, but it's hard to tell from what I've seen on it. The radiator also says copper tubes, aluminium fins, but everywhere I've seen actually appears to be aluminum tubes, which would be incredibly bad for a water loop, if so. (Google: galvanic corrosion).

If you want to read up on watercooling, I have the Tom's HW watercooling sticky linked in my signature below. Feel free to post any questions in the forum...you'll get replies from people who actually use real watercooling solutions. (Including me).

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
You are right on with the Rasa kits, wrong that the Larkooler is any better

From the reveiws I've seen the KU3 241 performs better than the RS240 but worse than the RX240 (these are the full Kits im stating here, not the seperate components)

Also, as you are so knowledgable about Watercooling - Recommend me a kit that will work for the old Antec 1200. one that will fit WITHOUT modding. Nobody has been able to do this as of yet.