Sign in with
Your question

Should I be worried with these temps? (Athlon II X4 620, HD 6870...)

Last response: in Overclocking
December 15, 2011 10:59:42 PM

• Full load
    *VCore is invisible because I took the screenshot exactly when Asus Probe updated the reading.

• Idle

~10 min after the full-load test

Approximate ambient temperature is there on the windows weather gadget, but I think it's a little higher in my room (~28ºC maybe).

The specs.:
  • Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-M Evo
  • Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 (stock clock, stock BOX cooler)
  • Graphics-card: Asus HD6870 DirectCU @ 900/1050 (underclocked to stock reference clocks, stock cooler)
  • Memory: 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
  • Case: CoolerMaster Elite 335
  • PSU: OCZ700MXSP

• I think the graphics-card is fine, but the CPU seems to be running a bit hot, and the BOX cooler is really noisy at 4800rpm. I think I'll buy a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus (it's one of the best options I can find here in Brazil).

Meanwhile, is it fine to run things at these temps?

Thanks! :) 

P.S.: I know the CPU is a bottle-neck, I will update it soon to a Phenom II X4 975.
    a b K Overclocking
    December 16, 2011 1:25:16 PM

The CPU is warm but not cooking at 55 C. Get the Hyper 212 Plus and things should be fine. It is always best to keep CPU temps less than 50 C.
    m
    l
    December 16, 2011 5:20:52 PM

chesteracorgi said:
    The CPU is warm but not cooking at 55 C. Get the Hyper 212 Plus and things should be fine. It is always best to keep CPU temps less than 50 C.

Thanks. ;) 

Do you think it's worth buying thermal paste, or should I just use the one supplied with the Hyper 212+?
    I won't overclock it, I just need a silent computer, especially at idle.

EDIT: Also please keep in mind I'll upgrade to the Phenom II X4 975 soon, probably next week...
    m
    l
    !