Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Sys Spec:

I7 920 @ stock
Asus P6T6WS
12gb DD3 OCZ ram
Corsair 750watt PSU
WD BE 640gb

Everytime I install the 9.9 catalyst driver, even on a fresh install of Windows 7 when i restart the computer it would cause a BSOD. Now when windows does an update and try to install new video driver for itself that also cause BSOD. The only way for me to boot into windows again is Safe Mode, uninstall and remove driver. The driver that comes with windows work but trying anything else = BSOD! help me!

sufoexe

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Thank you for the quick reply Maziar I tried both driver from Microsoft and ATI but both BSOD on me after installation. I've also just tried your suggestion with Cat 9.8 no such luck. This time it bluescreen on me when the monitor turn off.

sufoexe

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Everything works fine, nothing is excluded in the Win 7 installation. What happends was I tried to install Catalyst for windows 7 before and it didnt work so I gave up. Now when windows 7 tries to do and update it BS right away. I isolated the problem as the video card driver (yes microsoft's update driver causes it) . The only way for windows to work again is if I go into safe mode and delete the new driver so now Im super curious as to what is wrong with it.

HJL

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Hi, I have an msi ati hd 4350. I installed the catalyst 9.4 drivers, works perfectly. The only thing is, when I want to go back to the msi ati drivers, I can't get them to install, even if I remove the ati folder and the drivers from the system32 folder. I want to use the msi drivers because it has the dynamic overclocking.