My mac CPU display has disappeared

lodge

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
My macbook pro recently shut down unexpectedly and once reset and turned on again my CPU displayed had disappeared...???? Can anyone please enlighten me as to why or how i can rectify it...???

loneninja

Distinguished
And don't forget if your a smoker, they'll likely tell you it's contaminated and they cannot repair it. lol

But in a more serious manor, what do you mean the cpu display doesn't turn on? A cpu is a chip inside the computer, are you saying your monitor doesn't turn on anymore? If that is the case sounds like a video card problem, but I really can't offer much help beyond that, never owned a mac and never intend to.

LOL - so true. My wife's nephew's Macbook is still sitting in a cabinet at home because the iGenius wants $1350 to replace the iDisplay iLCD iScreen.

Apple puts the iScream in Ice Cream.

BadTrip

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

You know that makes you happy. lol

^ Damn tootin'! :D

However he now uses an iMac in the basement (his Mom won't let him keep it in his room, due to his inability to quit playing games past midnight and hence missing the schoolbus at 7:48AM the next morning). I just wish he'd pick up his empty chip bags & glasses, and maybe vacuum once in a while. Not to mention his snapping at my mother-in-law, who likes to watch the basement TV, because the sound was interfering with his gaming a couple of times.

I told my wife this was a big mistake before he got dumped on us, and sad to say, my predictions have come true :D. Now I'm waiting for his Mom to pay us back the $$ she owes, and then I'll have a serious discussion with my wife about his continued presence...