Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can you do a Quad Crossfire on EVGA's 4x SLI Classified Board?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 9, 2010 11:40:23 PM

Basically what it says in the title, Can you do a quad crossfire config with 4 Radeon 5770 cards on the EVGA Classified Quad SLI board? here's a link to the newegg page for the mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I want to build a PC with this configuration so I get DX11 but I don't know much about the compatibility of the components. Might just wait till Nvidia's DX11 cards come out but I don't know. Anyway thx for any help/answers anyone might have.

Best solution

March 10, 2010 7:19:30 PM

The_ColonelCommisar said:
Basically what it says in the title, Can you do a quad crossfire config witeoh 4 Radn 5770 cards on the EVGA Classified Quad SLI board? here's a link to the newegg page for the mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I want to build a PC with this configuration so I get DX11 but I don't know much about the compatibility of the components. Might just wait till Nvidia's DX11 cards come out but I don't know. Anyway thx for any help/answers anyone might have.

It would support it.. but why 4 5770s....A 5970 is about the same power as that

You might need to change your case aswell.

2x5770 = 5870 and 5970=2x5870s

That would also let you buy a much cheaper board as you would only ned one PCI-E slot.

Or you could wait and SLI gtx 480 2-way.

Not even all games support crossfire. so with the games that dont support it then you would be only using 1 card.
a c 302 V Motherboard
March 10, 2010 7:35:00 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum

The EVGA X58 4-WAY SLI, can also support Crossfire in the same configuration. Just make you sure that you have enough PSU and a very big case (like a Thermaltake XASER VI).

If you want very good performance, don't spend you money on the EVGA mobo, with one 5970 or two 5870 in Crossfire mode you can get a very good performance
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2010 2:54:13 PM

+2 for 5970.... awesome performance... saves money on the mobo...
m
l
March 11, 2010 7:15:10 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome and responses. I decided to go with an Asus P6T7 board.

Here's the newegg URL for it if you wanna check it out:

Its a bit smaller, (E-ATX instead of XL-ATX) and use a Coolermaster HAF 932 case for this build. (Love this case btw, awesome looking and TONS of huge fans and vents)

Thanks again! looking forward to using this site.
Tomshardware ROCKS! :p 
m
l
March 11, 2010 8:34:54 PM

The_ColonelCommisar said:
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome and responses. I decided to go with an Asus P6T7 board.

Here's the newegg URL for it if you wanna check it out:

Its a bit smaller, (E-ATX instead of XL-ATX) and use a Coolermaster HAF 932 case for this build. (Love this case btw, awesome looking and TONS of huge fans and vents)

Thanks again! looking forward to using this site.
Tomshardware ROCKS! :p 

You didnt mention what graphics config you are going to use..
m
l
March 11, 2010 10:50:53 PM

Ah, yes my bad, Probably going to run dual 5870s. I'm planning on getting HIS cards for this so they come overclocked!!
m
l
!