G

I currently have an intel core 2 quad q6600 with 4 gb ram and i am now building a new pc which is a core i7 920 2.66 and was wondering if the case i used for the core 2 quad would be able to hold the new i7 it is a thermaltake m9 case with a clear side, it is already full using the q6600 and a lighting kit so am i better getting a new case if so what srt would be best. thought of an akasa infiniti case i am open to suggestions however up to the £80 mark tahnks

Your current setup is fine in that case. There's no need to spend another $90 on the cases mentioned ^^.

Keep your front and back 120mm fans clean and keep your wires tied up nice. You should be fine with the temps.

G

Had a look at my case cables are all over the place not much chance of tidying them unfortunatly. thermaltake v9 appears rather small to me. thats why i was thinking of the akasa infiniti as it has 11 drive bays. but i would rather keep my case. my case has 2 120mm fans and 1 80 mm fan but it runs rather hot for my liking 29 degrees c most of the time.

G

case i have is a themaltake m9 with a clear side and 9 drive bays 4 are taken up with hard drives 2 with dvd rw and one with memory card reader i also have a front temperature guage a lighting kit and a molex hub in the case. i am running a 9800gt 1gb overclocked which has a huge cooler on it card is around 2 inches thick its really huge.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
You don't need a bigger or better case than a mid-tower unless you have a graphics card that runs hot. I do notice some Heatsink and Fans can touch the edge of some cases, but you can find wider mid-towers. Or, do what I do and get a full-tower that will last you 10 years. It beats getting a new mid-towers every 3 years. I doubt I'll need a new full-tower ever. :)