Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

The Sims - Playing without using the CD

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:06:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I'm sure this question has been asked so many times you floks are tired
of hearing it, but I am new to the Sims and need to install it on My
computer and my duaghters' computers. Only have one CD. So you can see
the dilemma.

Any way to play the game without using the CD?

Thanks all for your patience.

SRH

More about : sims playing

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:30:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Go to www.gameburnworld and look in the game fixes. Download a mini image
and the loader (I actually have Daemon tools and not the loader, but it
should work just as well). Install your loader of choice, mount your image
and then run The Sims.

MM



"Steve Harvey" <steve_harvey@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
news:431DE89F.3873FCDC@dslextreme.com...
> I'm sure this question has been asked so many times you floks are tired
> of hearing it, but I am new to the Sims and need to install it on My
> computer and my duaghters' computers. Only have one CD. So you can see
> the dilemma.
>
> Any way to play the game without using the CD?
>
> Thanks all for your patience.
>
> SRH
>
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:57:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Steve Harvey wrote:

>I'm sure this question has been asked so many times you floks are tired
>of hearing it, but I am new to the Sims and need to install it on My
>computer and my duaghters' computers. Only have one CD. So you can see
>the dilemma.
>
>Any way to play the game without using the CD?
>
>Thanks all for your patience.
>
>SRH
>
>
>
If you're talking about Sims2 you only need the CD in to load the game,
then you can take it out(for another PC), just wait until the game loads
to the neighbourhood screen, I don't think you can do this with Sims1
though.

---Sandra
Related resources
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 6:23:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Sanantone wrote:I don't think you can do this with Sims1 though.

I think I tried it and got it to work.

Munch.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:27:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Thanks to all for the info, I am using Sims 1....looks like an addiction
in the making.

SRH

munch simmons wrote:

> Sanantone wrote:I don't think you can do this with Sims1 though.
>
> I think I tried it and got it to work.
>
> Munch.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:44:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:6044-431F5A6D-137@storefull-3334.bay.webtv.net...
> Sanantone wrote:I don't think you can do this with Sims1 though.
>
> I think I tried it and got it to work.
>
> Munch.
>

In the original game you had to leave the disk in to hear the music.
I think with Hot Date (and later ex-packs) the music was copied to the hard
drive.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:55:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Davybear wrote:

>"munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
>news:6044-431F5A6D-137@storefull-3334.bay.webtv.net...
>
>
>>Sanantone wrote:I don't think you can do this with Sims1 though.
>>
>>I think I tried it and got it to work.
>>
>>Munch.
>>
>>
>>
>
>In the original game you had to leave the disk in to hear the music.
>I think with Hot Date (and later ex-packs) the music was copied to the hard
>drive.
>
>
>
>
>
>
I never knew that, probably because I always *ALWAYS* grabbed the no
cd patches.

---Sandra
!