Nightlife Cheats

For real this time :)

A new money cheat is included in the guide. Used in neighborhood view
with a household selected either on their lot or in the Family Bin:
Open the cheat window and type: familyfunds *Insert family name here*
5,000. 5,000 simoleons will be added to the family funds.
There is also "unlockCareerRewards (allows access to all career
rewards).

maxMotives: Sets all needs for all playable sims on the lot to full.

motiveDecay on/off: Turns natural need decay on or off.

aspirationPoints #: permits for more expensive aspiration reward
objects.

lockAspiration on/off: Freezes Aspiration point decay for all sims on
the lot.

roofslopeangle (15-75) : In build mode, adjusts the slope angle on all
roofs on a lot.

showHeadlines on/off: Makes invisible thought balloons. Useful for
movie making.

aspirationLevel (0-5): O puts them at the lowest, 5 in the platinum
level.

agesimcheat on/off: Adds "Set Age" to the interaction menu. Any sim
you click on can be set to any age group.

setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
C:programfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
"setLotLightingFile clear

I LOVE the aspiration freeze, roof pitch and agesim! Hopefully the
lighting cheat will also allow us to reconfigure neighbourhood lights.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

>I LOVE the aspiration freeze, roof pitch and agesim! Hopefully the
>lighting cheat will also allow us to reconfigure neighbourhood lights.

Not sure how the agesimcheat will work? Will the Sim change right
before you?

And why is the roof pitch a cheat and not an option on the build menu.
Doesn't make sense to me. Although its addition a great thing.

I'll probably use the unlockCareerRewards cheat within seconds of
installing the game!!! ^_^

you can do that now. Type in the testing cheats enabled cheat and then
shift click on the newspaper

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>For real this time :)
>

>A new money cheat is included in the guide. Used in neighborhood view
>with a household selected either on their lot or in the Family Bin:
>Open the cheat window and type: familyfunds *Insert family name here*
>5,000. 5,000 simoleons will be added to the family funds.

Good, that means we can make bigger houses (above 20k).

>There is also "unlockCareerRewards (allows access to all career
>rewards)

I like this one.

>maxMotives: Sets all needs for all playable sims on the lot to full.

LOL, Maxis trying to eliminate the hacks maybe.

>motiveDecay on/off: Turns natural need decay on or off.

I don't know what this means?.:-(

>aspirationPoints #: permits for more expensive aspiration reward
>objects.
>
>lockAspiration on/off: Freezes Aspiration point decay for all sims on
>the lot.
>
>roofslopeangle (15-75) : In build mode, adjusts the slope angle on all
>roofs on a lot.
>
>showHeadlines on/off: Makes invisible thought balloons. Useful for
>movie making.
>
>aspirationLevel (0-5): O puts them at the lowest, 5 in the platinum
>level.
>
>agesimcheat on/off: Adds "Set Age" to the interaction menu. Any sim
>you click on can be set to any age group.

Another good one.

>setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
>alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
>C:programfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
>restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
>"setLotLightingFile clear

This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness when
Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have addressed it
somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit lighter now.

>I LOVE the aspiration freeze, roof pitch and agesim! Hopefully the
>lighting cheat will also allow us to reconfigure neighbourhood lights.

Like BombayMix already said, the roof pitch shouldn't be a cheat, it
should be our *RIGHT*:), but it's better that nothing, (I bet I won't
be able to master it though), I will need a tutorial, thanks for posting
this GP.

---Sandra

I think that pitch thingy is going to be stressful. You quote that it
changes the pitch of all roof segments on the lot. That still means that we
are stuck with 1 roof. I will not be getting a bullnosed verandah, to name
but one dissapointment.

MM

On 7 Sep 2005 02:28:25 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>Not sure how the agesimcheat will work? Will the Sim change right
>before you?

I believe that's the idea. Sometimes sim age, and you regret it and
you want them back to adult or whatever... hehe

>And why is the roof pitch a cheat and not an option on the build menu.
>Doesn't make sense to me. Although its addition a great thing.

No idea, I guess it was easier for tham than to add a GUI command.
Maybe it was a last minute addition?

>I'll probably use the unlockCareerRewards cheat within seconds of
>installing the game!!! ^_^

Hehe, you can already unlock career rewards with carrigon's rewards
collection or with debug cheats, by clicking the newspaper. I use it
frequently.

I guess I won't have to cheat anymore, since they're adding inventory
options you can take rewards with you when you move!
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:15:36 GMT, Sanantone
<shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Good, that means we can make bigger houses (above 20k).

You COULD just send the family into an empty lot and type CTRL SHIFT C
then write EXPAND then MOTHERLODE and then arrow up, enter, arrow up,
enter, etc. etc. :)

> I like this one.

You can unlock them in uni too, but only one at a time :-\

>LOL, Maxis trying to eliminate the hacks maybe.

LOL I think you're right.

>I don't know what this means?.:-(

Needs no longer go down! Curious... this code is also is in debug
cheats. Maybe they figured out debug doesnt work so well for
everybody.

>Another good one.

Yeah I've really missed that one! Currently you can only set them back
to young adult, and if you do, they can't get a job or anything, and
when they age, they go back to elder, not adult...

>This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness when
>Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have addressed it
>somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit lighter now.

Oooooh...

>Like BombayMix already said, the roof pitch shouldn't be a cheat, it
>should be our *RIGHT*:), but it's better that nothing, (I bet I won't
>be able to master it though), I will need a tutorial, thanks for posting
>this GP.

I think the roof pitch is fairly straight forward. You simply write
what angle you want the roof to be. My pleasure! I'm always scouring
the net for information on new EPs hehe
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:34:30 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>I think that pitch thingy is going to be stressful. You quote that it
>changes the pitch of all roof segments on the lot. That still means that we
>are stuck with 1 roof. I will not be getting a bullnosed verandah, to name
>but one dissapointment.

Let's hope it only affects the one type of roof... although I fear not
:-(
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> For real this time :)
>

> A new money cheat is included in the guide. Used in neighborhood view
> with a household selected either on their lot or in the Family Bin:
> Open the cheat window and type: familyfunds *Insert family name here*
> 5,000. 5,000 simoleons will be added to the family funds.

I usually just plop the family down on a lot and motherlode them. If I
then put them back in the bin before moving them into a pre-made lot,
though, they have two sets of "moved in" memories. I guess this will
take care of it. I'll have to add an alias to my startup cheat file,
though. That looks like a lot of typing just for 5000 simoleons.

> There is also "unlockCareerRewards (allows access to all career
> rewards).

I have those unlocked in a collection already, so that one is moot.

> maxMotives: Sets all needs for all playable sims on the lot to full.
>
> motiveDecay on/off: Turns natural need decay on or off.

That kind of defeats the purpose of the game, doesn't it?

> aspirationPoints #: permits for more expensive aspiration reward
> objects.

I must admit that the only ones of those I ever fool with are the money
tree (and I've got the hacked one that pays off 500 per harvest) and the
smart milk. I don't think I've ever even tried the other ones. Oh, I
tried that thinking cap thing but didn't notice that it did all that
much good and the sim looks so foolish wearing it, I stopped using it.

> lockAspiration on/off: Freezes Aspiration point decay for all sims on
> the lot.
>
> roofslopeangle (15-75) : In build mode, adjusts the slope angle on all
> roofs on a lot.

Well, poop. This won't help at all! I don't want ALL the roof to have
the same slope. I want some to have varying degrees on the same lot.
I'll have to fool with this one to see if it's even worth using.

Jeanie

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>You COULD just send the family into an empty lot and type CTRL SHIFT C
>then write EXPAND then MOTHERLODE and then arrow up, enter, arrow up,
>enter, etc. etc. :)

Yeah I already do that, but it's a pain to go in and out of the lots
all the time :).

----Sandra

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:07:51 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>though. That looks like a lot of typing just for 5000 simoleons.

Nah, just expand the window, and do arrow up/enter reapeat.

>That kind of defeats the purpose of the game, doesn't it?

A lot of people moaned and whined when Maxis added aspiration, wants
and fears :) At least this will allow them to exclude it.

>I must admit that the only ones of those I ever fool with are the money
>tree (and I've got the hacked one that pays off 500 per harvest) and the
>smart milk. I don't think I've ever even tried the other ones. Oh, I
>tried that thinking cap thing but didn't notice that it did all that
>much good and the sim looks so foolish wearing it, I stopped using it.

The Enigmatic and Ecletic Energizer is amazing, I use it all the time.
It fills all your sims needs. I also use the hot tub. I mean come on,
FREE hot tub! :-D And the noodlesoother for advancing careers quickly
at the beginning. Never found a use for any of the others.
--

> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:07:51 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>though. That looks like a lot of typing just for 5000 simoleons.
>
> Nah, just expand the window, and do arrow up/enter reapeat.
>
>>That kind of defeats the purpose of the game, doesn't it?
>
> A lot of people moaned and whined when Maxis added aspiration, wants
> and fears :) At least this will allow them to exclude it.
>
>>I must admit that the only ones of those I ever fool with are the money
>>tree (and I've got the hacked one that pays off 500 per harvest) and the
>>smart milk. I don't think I've ever even tried the other ones. Oh, I
>>tried that thinking cap thing but didn't notice that it did all that
>>much good and the sim looks so foolish wearing it, I stopped using it.
>
> The Enigmatic and Ecletic Energizer is amazing, I use it all the time.
> It fills all your sims needs. I also use the hot tub. I mean come on,
> FREE hot tub! :-D And the noodlesoother for advancing careers quickly
> at the beginning. Never found a use for any of the others.
> --
>

> Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
> your neighbourhood could be next!
Hi

I love the smart milk machine for the toddlers, one bottle of that is enough
for them to learn all 3 skills i found..

Even better if the adult is wearing the thinking cap object while teaching
the youngster..
I found the noodlesoother just drained all the needs, and never use it now..

Julia

Except you don't need that 'expand' bit.

MM

Sanantone wrote:

>> setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
>> alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
>> C:programfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
>> restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
>> "setLotLightingFile clear
>>

> This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness when
> Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have addressed it
> somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit lighter now.
>

> ---Sandra

Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
will address the issue.

Laura

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
> moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
> lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
> furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
> notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
> will address the issue.

Supposedly they re-did the lighting system for Nightlife.

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Sanantone wrote:
>

>>> setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
>>> alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
>>> C:programfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
>>> restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
>>> "setLotLightingFile clear
>>>

>> This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness when
>> Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have addressed it
>> somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit lighter now.
>>

>> ---Sandra
>>

> Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
> moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
> lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
> furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
> notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
> will address the issue.
>
> Laura

CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.

Jeanie

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Laura Castellano wrote:

>>> This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness
>>> when Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have
>>> addressed it somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit
>>> lighter now.
>>>

>>> ---Sandra
>>>

>> Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
>> moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
>> lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
>> furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
>> notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
>> will address the issue.
>>
>> Laura
>
> CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
> lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.
>

> Jeanie

I never did have any problems like some did with the lighting. It was
light even without lamps. lol

deene

Jeanie wrote:

> CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
> lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.
>

> Jeanie

Yep, I did that, and checked the settings on my monitor, too.
Admittedly my eyes aren't the best, but they're not that
far gone yet *G* It just doesn't seem as bright to me
as Sims 1 and that's something I miss. Not enough to stop
playing, though ;)

> Jeanie wrote:
>
>> CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
>> lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.
>>

>> Jeanie
>
> Yep, I did that, and checked the settings on my monitor, too.
> Admittedly my eyes aren't the best, but they're not that
> far gone yet *G* It just doesn't seem as bright to me
> as Sims 1 and that's something I miss. Not enough to stop
> playing, though ;)
>
> Laura

That's odd, I can't tell any difference. My rooms are plenty light even
at night without lamps. LOL

deene

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:35:14 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Except you don't need that 'expand' bit.

You do, if you don't want to keep hitting SHIFT CTRL C and want to
motherlode really quick :)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:36:05 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
>moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
>lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
>furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
>notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
>will address the issue.

Windows, lots of them!
--

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:35:02 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>That's odd, I can't tell any difference. My rooms are plenty light even
>at night without lamps. LOL

Same here... maybe it's a combination of game, game elements, video
settings and monitor?
--

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:32:35 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>I never did have any problems like some did with the lighting. It was
>light even without lamps. lol

Maybe the key is simply a good monitor? I'm rather proud of the one I
just bought, and everything looks fantastic... sometimes I forget to
place lights in my houses LOL
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:42:28 GMT, "Julia"
<julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi

Hello :)

>I love the smart milk machine for the toddlers, one bottle of that is enough
>for them to learn all 3 skills i found..

Woah... for real? I just ignore those skills because they take forever
to learn... I had no idea it accelerated them that much.

>I found the noodlesoother just drained all the needs, and never use it now..

Yeah, until recently I never realized that's what it's SUPPOSED to do!
lol... it also shoots your mood bar into the air, so it's great for
getting a career boost early on
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Windows, lots of them!

Don't do me any good. Once I place a certain amount of
windows in a room, the light stops increasing, and after
that point I could make all four walls full of windows
and I won't get anymore light. And I have a good monitor
which is also pretty new. It's nice you don't have this
problem, but I know I'm not the only one who does.

Laura