Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Nightlife Cheats

Tags:
  • Sims
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:31:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

For real this time :-)


A new money cheat is included in the guide. Used in neighborhood view
with a household selected either on their lot or in the Family Bin:
Open the cheat window and type: familyfunds *Insert family name here*
5,000. 5,000 simoleons will be added to the family funds.
There is also "unlockCareerRewards (allows access to all career
rewards).

maxMotives: Sets all needs for all playable sims on the lot to full.

motiveDecay on/off: Turns natural need decay on or off.

aspirationPoints #: permits for more expensive aspiration reward
objects.

lockAspiration on/off: Freezes Aspiration point decay for all sims on
the lot.

roofslopeangle (15-75) : In build mode, adjusts the slope angle on all
roofs on a lot.

showHeadlines on/off: Makes invisible thought balloons. Useful for
movie making.

aspirationLevel (0-5): O puts them at the lowest, 5 in the platinum
level.

agesimcheat on/off: Adds "Set Age" to the interaction menu. Any sim
you click on can be set to any age group.

setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
C:p rogramfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
"setLotLightingFile clear




I LOVE the aspiration freeze, roof pitch and agesim! Hopefully the
lighting cheat will also allow us to reconfigure neighbourhood lights.
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

More about : nightlife cheats

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:31:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>I LOVE the aspiration freeze, roof pitch and agesim! Hopefully the
>lighting cheat will also allow us to reconfigure neighbourhood lights.

Not sure how the agesimcheat will work? Will the Sim change right
before you?

And why is the roof pitch a cheat and not an option on the build menu.
Doesn't make sense to me. Although its addition a great thing.

I'll probably use the unlockCareerRewards cheat within seconds of
installing the game!!! ^_^
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:58:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

you can do that now. Type in the testing cheats enabled cheat and then
shift click on the newspaper
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:15:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>For real this time :-)
>
>
>A new money cheat is included in the guide. Used in neighborhood view
>with a household selected either on their lot or in the Family Bin:
>Open the cheat window and type: familyfunds *Insert family name here*
>5,000. 5,000 simoleons will be added to the family funds.
>
>
Good, that means we can make bigger houses (above 20k).

>There is also "unlockCareerRewards (allows access to all career
>rewards)
>
>
I like this one.

>maxMotives: Sets all needs for all playable sims on the lot to full.
>
>
LOL, Maxis trying to eliminate the hacks maybe.

>motiveDecay on/off: Turns natural need decay on or off.
>
>
I don't know what this means?.:-(

>aspirationPoints #: permits for more expensive aspiration reward
>objects.
>
>lockAspiration on/off: Freezes Aspiration point decay for all sims on
>the lot.
>
>roofslopeangle (15-75) : In build mode, adjusts the slope angle on all
>roofs on a lot.
>
>showHeadlines on/off: Makes invisible thought balloons. Useful for
>movie making.
>
>aspirationLevel (0-5): O puts them at the lowest, 5 in the platinum
>level.
>
>agesimcheat on/off: Adds "Set Age" to the interaction menu. Any sim
>you click on can be set to any age group.
>
>
Another good one.

>setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
>alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
>C:p rogramfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
>restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
>"setLotLightingFile clear
>
>
This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness when
Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have addressed it
somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit lighter now.

>
>
>
>I LOVE the aspiration freeze, roof pitch and agesim! Hopefully the
>lighting cheat will also allow us to reconfigure neighbourhood lights.
>
>
Like BombayMix already said, the roof pitch shouldn't be a cheat, it
should be our *RIGHT*:-), but it's better that nothing, (I bet I won't
be able to master it though), I will need a tutorial, thanks for posting
this GP.

---Sandra

>
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 5:34:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I think that pitch thingy is going to be stressful. You quote that it
changes the pitch of all roof segments on the lot. That still means that we
are stuck with 1 roof. I will not be getting a bullnosed verandah, to name
but one dissapointment.

MM



"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
news:sn5th1helkrqs8bjtn59bb5o60b9vvrp1h@4ax.com...
> For real this time :-)
>
>
> A new money cheat is included in the guide. Used in neighborhood view
> with a household selected either on their lot or in the Family Bin:
> Open the cheat window and type: familyfunds *Insert family name here*
> 5,000. 5,000 simoleons will be added to the family funds.
> There is also "unlockCareerRewards (allows access to all career
> rewards).
>
> maxMotives: Sets all needs for all playable sims on the lot to full.
>
> motiveDecay on/off: Turns natural need decay on or off.
>
> aspirationPoints #: permits for more expensive aspiration reward
> objects.
>
> lockAspiration on/off: Freezes Aspiration point decay for all sims on
> the lot.
>
> roofslopeangle (15-75) : In build mode, adjusts the slope angle on all
> roofs on a lot.
>
> showHeadlines on/off: Makes invisible thought balloons. Useful for
> movie making.
>
> aspirationLevel (0-5): O puts them at the lowest, 5 in the platinum
> level.
>
> agesimcheat on/off: Adds "Set Age" to the interaction menu. Any sim
> you click on can be set to any age group.
>
> setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
> alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
> C:p rogramfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
> restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
> "setLotLightingFile clear
>
>
>
>
> I LOVE the aspiration freeze, roof pitch and agesim! Hopefully the
> lighting cheat will also allow us to reconfigure neighbourhood lights.
> --
>
>
> Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
> your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:01:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On 7 Sep 2005 02:28:25 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>Not sure how the agesimcheat will work? Will the Sim change right
>before you?

I believe that's the idea. Sometimes sim age, and you regret it and
you want them back to adult or whatever... hehe

>And why is the roof pitch a cheat and not an option on the build menu.
>Doesn't make sense to me. Although its addition a great thing.

No idea, I guess it was easier for tham than to add a GUI command.
Maybe it was a last minute addition?

>I'll probably use the unlockCareerRewards cheat within seconds of
>installing the game!!! ^_^

Hehe, you can already unlock career rewards with carrigon's rewards
collection or with debug cheats, by clicking the newspaper. I use it
frequently.

I guess I won't have to cheat anymore, since they're adding inventory
options you can take rewards with you when you move!
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:12:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:15:36 GMT, Sanantone
<shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Good, that means we can make bigger houses (above 20k).

You COULD just send the family into an empty lot and type CTRL SHIFT C
then write EXPAND then MOTHERLODE and then arrow up, enter, arrow up,
enter, etc. etc. :-)

> I like this one.

You can unlock them in uni too, but only one at a time :-\

>LOL, Maxis trying to eliminate the hacks maybe.

LOL I think you're right.

>I don't know what this means?.:-(

Needs no longer go down! Curious... this code is also is in debug
cheats. Maybe they figured out debug doesnt work so well for
everybody.

>Another good one.

Yeah I've really missed that one! Currently you can only set them back
to young adult, and if you do, they can't get a job or anything, and
when they age, they go back to elder, not adult...

>This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness when
>Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have addressed it
>somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit lighter now.

Oooooh...

>Like BombayMix already said, the roof pitch shouldn't be a cheat, it
>should be our *RIGHT*:-), but it's better that nothing, (I bet I won't
>be able to master it though), I will need a tutorial, thanks for posting
>this GP.

I think the roof pitch is fairly straight forward. You simply write
what angle you want the roof to be. My pleasure! I'm always scouring
the net for information on new EPs hehe
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:02:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:34:30 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>I think that pitch thingy is going to be stressful. You quote that it
>changes the pitch of all roof segments on the lot. That still means that we
>are stuck with 1 roof. I will not be getting a bullnosed verandah, to name
>but one dissapointment.

Let's hope it only affects the one type of roof... although I fear not
:-(
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:07:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> For real this time :-)
>
>
> A new money cheat is included in the guide. Used in neighborhood view
> with a household selected either on their lot or in the Family Bin:
> Open the cheat window and type: familyfunds *Insert family name here*
> 5,000. 5,000 simoleons will be added to the family funds.

I usually just plop the family down on a lot and motherlode them. If I
then put them back in the bin before moving them into a pre-made lot,
though, they have two sets of "moved in" memories. I guess this will
take care of it. I'll have to add an alias to my startup cheat file,
though. That looks like a lot of typing just for 5000 simoleons.

> There is also "unlockCareerRewards (allows access to all career
> rewards).

I have those unlocked in a collection already, so that one is moot.
>
> maxMotives: Sets all needs for all playable sims on the lot to full.
>
> motiveDecay on/off: Turns natural need decay on or off.

That kind of defeats the purpose of the game, doesn't it?
>
> aspirationPoints #: permits for more expensive aspiration reward
> objects.

I must admit that the only ones of those I ever fool with are the money
tree (and I've got the hacked one that pays off 500 per harvest) and the
smart milk. I don't think I've ever even tried the other ones. Oh, I
tried that thinking cap thing but didn't notice that it did all that
much good and the sim looks so foolish wearing it, I stopped using it.
>
> lockAspiration on/off: Freezes Aspiration point decay for all sims on
> the lot.
>
> roofslopeangle (15-75) : In build mode, adjusts the slope angle on all
> roofs on a lot.

Well, poop. This won't help at all! I don't want ALL the roof to have
the same slope. I want some to have varying degrees on the same lot.
I'll have to fool with this one to see if it's even worth using.
>
Jeanie
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:39:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>You COULD just send the family into an empty lot and type CTRL SHIFT C
>then write EXPAND then MOTHERLODE and then arrow up, enter, arrow up,
>enter, etc. etc. :-)
>
>
>
Yeah I already do that, but it's a pain to go in and out of the lots
all the time :) .



>Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
>your neighbourhood could be next!
>
>
----Sandra
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:01:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:07:51 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>though. That looks like a lot of typing just for 5000 simoleons.

Nah, just expand the window, and do arrow up/enter reapeat.

>That kind of defeats the purpose of the game, doesn't it?

A lot of people moaned and whined when Maxis added aspiration, wants
and fears :-) At least this will allow them to exclude it.

>I must admit that the only ones of those I ever fool with are the money
>tree (and I've got the hacked one that pays off 500 per harvest) and the
>smart milk. I don't think I've ever even tried the other ones. Oh, I
>tried that thinking cap thing but didn't notice that it did all that
>much good and the sim looks so foolish wearing it, I stopped using it.

The Enigmatic and Ecletic Energizer is amazing, I use it all the time.
It fills all your sims needs. I also use the hot tub. I mean come on,
FREE hot tub! :-D And the noodlesoother for advancing careers quickly
at the beginning. Never found a use for any of the others.
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:42:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
news:c17uh1l6ctnq7mtqsflttbfkf2i3ikeg36@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:07:51 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>though. That looks like a lot of typing just for 5000 simoleons.
>
> Nah, just expand the window, and do arrow up/enter reapeat.
>
>>That kind of defeats the purpose of the game, doesn't it?
>
> A lot of people moaned and whined when Maxis added aspiration, wants
> and fears :-) At least this will allow them to exclude it.
>
>>I must admit that the only ones of those I ever fool with are the money
>>tree (and I've got the hacked one that pays off 500 per harvest) and the
>>smart milk. I don't think I've ever even tried the other ones. Oh, I
>>tried that thinking cap thing but didn't notice that it did all that
>>much good and the sim looks so foolish wearing it, I stopped using it.
>
> The Enigmatic and Ecletic Energizer is amazing, I use it all the time.
> It fills all your sims needs. I also use the hot tub. I mean come on,
> FREE hot tub! :-D And the noodlesoother for advancing careers quickly
> at the beginning. Never found a use for any of the others.
> --
>
>
> Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
> your neighbourhood could be next!
Hi

I love the smart milk machine for the toddlers, one bottle of that is enough
for them to learn all 3 skills i found..

Even better if the adult is wearing the thinking cap object while teaching
the youngster..
I found the noodlesoother just drained all the needs, and never use it now..

Julia
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:35:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Except you don't need that 'expand' bit.

MM



"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:9JETe.3123$fb.2809@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
>>You COULD just send the family into an empty lot and type CTRL SHIFT C
>>then write EXPAND then MOTHERLODE and then arrow up, enter, arrow up,
>>enter, etc. etc. :-)
>>
>>
> Yeah I already do that, but it's a pain to go in and out of the lots
> all the time :) .
>
>
>
>>Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
>>your neighbourhood could be next!
>>
> ----Sandra
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 2:36:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Sanantone wrote:

>
>> setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
>> alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
>> C:p rogramfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
>> restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
>> "setLotLightingFile clear
>>
>>
> This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness when
> Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have addressed it
> somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit lighter now.
>

> ---Sandra
>


Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
will address the issue.

Laura
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 2:36:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p XJTe.1614$6e1.633@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...

> Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
> moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
> lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
> furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
> notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
> will address the issue.


Supposedly they re-did the lighting system for Nightlife.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:19:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Sanantone wrote:
>
>>
>>> setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
>>> alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
>>> C:p rogramfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
>>> restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
>>> "setLotLightingFile clear
>>>
>>>
>> This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness when
>> Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have addressed it
>> somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit lighter now.
>>
>
>> ---Sandra
>>
>
>
> Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
> moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
> lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
> furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
> notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
> will address the issue.
>
> Laura

CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.


Jeanie
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:19:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:NkMTe.315332$x96.313581@attbi_s72...
> Laura Castellano wrote:
>> Sanantone wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>> setLotLightingfile (filename): Change lighting by choosing an
>>>> alternative lighting file. The original can be found in
>>>> C:p rogramfiles\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. To
>>>> restore the lot bck to original lighting settings, input
>>>> "setLotLightingFile clear
>>>>
>>> This could be for lighter rooms etc, we moaned about the darkness
>>> when Sims2 first came out(well I did), I think they may have
>>> addressed it somewhat in the Uni expack, my rooms seem to be a bit
>>> lighter now.
>>>
>>
>>> ---Sandra
>>>
>>
>>
>> Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
>> moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
>> lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
>> furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
>> notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
>> will address the issue.
>>
>> Laura
>
> CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
> lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.
>
>
> Jeanie

I never did have any problems like some did with the lighting. It was
light even without lamps. lol

deene
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:01:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Jeanie wrote:

> CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
> lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.
>
>
> Jeanie

Yep, I did that, and checked the settings on my monitor, too.
Admittedly my eyes aren't the best, but they're not that
far gone yet *G* It just doesn't seem as bright to me
as Sims 1 and that's something I miss. Not enough to stop
playing, though ;) 

Laura
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:01:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:NXMTe.1483$eQ7.379@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> Jeanie wrote:
>
>> CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
>> lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.
>>
>>
>> Jeanie
>
> Yep, I did that, and checked the settings on my monitor, too.
> Admittedly my eyes aren't the best, but they're not that
> far gone yet *G* It just doesn't seem as bright to me
> as Sims 1 and that's something I miss. Not enough to stop
> playing, though ;) 
>
> Laura

That's odd, I can't tell any difference. My rooms are plenty light even
at night without lamps. LOL

deene
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:27:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:35:14 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Except you don't need that 'expand' bit.

You do, if you don't want to keep hitting SHIFT CTRL C and want to
motherlode really quick :-)
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:27:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:36:05 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Oh, I hope you're right about that! I was one of the biggest
>moaners about the game being too dark, and I still install
>lights in every room and turn them on before I even begin
>furnishing a house because I freaking can't see! I didn't
>notice a difference when I installed Uni, but hopefully this
>will address the issue.

Windows, lots of them!
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:29:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:35:02 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>That's odd, I can't tell any difference. My rooms are plenty light even
>at night without lamps. LOL

Same here... maybe it's a combination of game, game elements, video
settings and monitor?
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:30:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:32:35 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>I never did have any problems like some did with the lighting. It was
>light even without lamps. lol

Maybe the key is simply a good monitor? I'm rather proud of the one I
just bought, and everything looks fantastic... sometimes I forget to
place lights in my houses LOL
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:31:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:42:28 GMT, "Julia"
<julia.suzanne@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi

Hello :-)

>I love the smart milk machine for the toddlers, one bottle of that is enough
>for them to learn all 3 skills i found..

Woah... for real? I just ignore those skills because they take forever
to learn... I had no idea it accelerated them that much.

>I found the noodlesoother just drained all the needs, and never use it now..

Yeah, until recently I never realized that's what it's SUPPOSED to do!
lol... it also shoots your mood bar into the air, so it's great for
getting a career boost early on
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:00:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Windows, lots of them!


Don't do me any good. Once I place a certain amount of
windows in a room, the light stops increasing, and after
that point I could make all four walls full of windows
and I won't get anymore light. And I have a good monitor
which is also pretty new. It's nice you don't have this
problem, but I know I'm not the only one who does.

Laura
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:06:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Woah... for real? I just ignore those skills because they take forever
> to learn... I had no idea it accelerated them that much.


I always use smart milk because it gives a huge boost for me.
I can't teach my toddlers all the skills from one bottle, though,
because they get tired too easily. I usually try to teach
them a skill as soon as they've had a bottle.

Also, and while people say this is a bug, it has worked
consistently for me ever since I began playing--children who
drink smart milk as toddlers learn WAY faster than those who
didn't. I have *never* had a sim kid this didn't hold true for.

Now after seeing you guys talk about it, I'll have to use the
noodlesoother. I don't think I ever have. The hot tub is
my favorite bargain in the rewards...$6000 vs free...hm... ;) 

Laura
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:16:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
news:41qvh1lca3atp0lgvm6benb9mbog105k6r@4ax.com...
>> Same here... maybe it's a combination of game, game elements, video
> settings and monitor?

And video card
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:09:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Jeanie wrote:
>
>> CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
>> lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.
>>
>>
>> Jeanie
>
>
> Yep, I did that, and checked the settings on my monitor, too.
> Admittedly my eyes aren't the best, but they're not that
> far gone yet *G* It just doesn't seem as bright to me
> as Sims 1 and that's something I miss. Not enough to stop
> playing, though ;) 
>
> Laura

Yeah, I have trouble with that too... even with lots of windows and
lights, I have to use nothing but really light walls and floors, or I
can't see a dang thing. :( 

-georg
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:46:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:16:54 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>And video card

Maybe, but I doubt it, since 2D quality is pretty similar all across
the board and it's been years since there was any discernable
difference in that area.
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:49:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:06:02 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Now after seeing you guys talk about it, I'll have to use the
>noodlesoother. I don't think I ever have. The hot tub is
>my favorite bargain in the rewards...$6000 vs free...hm... ;) 

Yeah, mine too ;-)

Be careful with the soother, it boosts the mood bar, but drains needs.
If you put it on when not in gold or platinum it drains them
hyperfast...
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 8:23:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:8CXTe.64451$EX.21970@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Laura Castellano wrote:
>> Jeanie wrote:
>>
>>> CHeck under the video settings in the game and make sure you have
>>> lighting set to high. I don't have any problem seeing things.
>>>
>>>
>>> Jeanie
>>
>>
>> Yep, I did that, and checked the settings on my monitor, too.
>> Admittedly my eyes aren't the best, but they're not that
>> far gone yet *G* It just doesn't seem as bright to me
>> as Sims 1 and that's something I miss. Not enough to stop
>> playing, though ;) 
>>
>> Laura
>
> Yeah, I have trouble with that too... even with lots of windows and
> lights, I have to use nothing but really light walls and floors, or I
> can't see a dang thing. :( 
>
> -georg

Have you got an ATI Radeon card?
You can adjust the "Gamma" setting on these.
I found that worked when I played one of the Discworld games and couldn't
see anything.
You rightclick on the desktop for Display Properties, Settings, Advanced,
Color and move the Gamma slider up a little to the right. You can see the
result on your desktop as you move it. It has a reset button to get back to
default settings.

The "Help" button explains how to set separate profiles for separate
functions etc.
I've got the latest 5.8 Catalyst drivers for my Radeon 9600s and your driver
setup might be different but I think you can upgrade the Gamma settings for
most cards. Some games even allow you to do this within their opening
setups even.

(Have you tried lowering the Adapter refresh rate as well? That was a
Microsoft answer for a similar problem in one of their games)
Skeats
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 10:11:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

> I love the smart milk machine for the toddlers, one bottle of that is enough
> for them to learn all 3 skills i found..
>
> Even better if the adult is wearing the thinking cap object while teaching
> the youngster..
> I found the noodlesoother just drained all the needs, and never use it now..
>
> Julia
>

Well, I've tried it all ways. Smart milk only, smart milk and thinking
cap, thinking cap only.... I haven't noticed any difference in the
amount of time it took for a toddler to learn its stuff. I only use
those helpers with gold or platinum aspiration. And I don't notice the
kid learning faster.

The main reason I like the smart milk is that you can put it and a waste
can into the nursery on a second floor and never have to drag the kid up
and down the stairs to get food. Just put a counter in the nursery and
stick the smart milk on it. Saves steps and time.

Jeanie
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 10:24:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Jeanie wrote:

> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> A new money cheat is included in the guide. Used in neighborhood
>> view
>> with a household selected either on their lot or in the Family Bin:
>> Open the cheat window and type: familyfunds *Insert family name
>> here*
>> 5,000. 5,000 simoleons will be added to the family funds.
> That looks like a lot of typing just for 5000 simoleons.

I think you can use it for all amounts of money.

> Oh, I tried that thinking cap thing but didn't notice
> that it did all that much good and the sim looks so foolish wearing
> it, I stopped using it.

It halfs learning time. It's the only one I use.

T.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 11:07:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:e9%Te.316985$x96.30088@attbi_s72...
>
>> I love the smart milk machine for the toddlers, one bottle of that is
>> enough for them to learn all 3 skills i found..
>>
>> Even better if the adult is wearing the thinking cap object while
>> teaching the youngster..
>> I found the noodlesoother just drained all the needs, and never use it
>> now..
>>
>> Julia
>>
>
> Well, I've tried it all ways. Smart milk only, smart milk and thinking
> cap, thinking cap only.... I haven't noticed any difference in the amount
> of time it took for a toddler to learn its stuff. I only use those
> helpers with gold or platinum aspiration. And I don't notice the kid
> learning faster.
>
> The main reason I like the smart milk is that you can put it and a waste
> can into the nursery on a second floor and never have to drag the kid up
> and down the stairs to get food. Just put a counter in the nursery and
> stick the smart milk on it. Saves steps and time.
>
> Jeanie

Also, it doesn't go off like regular bottles plus leaving it on the floor
past midnight makes it worth 4 simoleons.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:34:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:Vi0Ue.64472$EX.11462@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Fizziwig2 wrote:
>> "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>> news:8CXTe.64451$EX.21970@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>
>>>Yeah, I have trouble with that too... even with lots of windows and
>>>lights, I have to use nothing but really light walls and floors, or I
>>>can't see a dang thing. :( 
>>>
>>>-georg
>>
>>
> Yes, I did. Still pretty damn dark. I even turned off shadows.
>
> -georg

Saw something concerning another game "Warcraft III" about "forcing the
card to use software transform and lighting (swtnl) instead of the built in
hardware. The game may run slower due to the extra software processor
cycles, however it should fix the dark screen issue" they said.

It was for the Radeon card again but might be worth trying. You can always
remove it if it doesn't work.
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=awr0572p1

Skeats
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:01:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Fizziwig2 wrote:
> "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:Vi0Ue.64472$EX.11462@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>
>>Fizziwig2 wrote:
>>
>>>"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>news:8CXTe.64451$EX.21970@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>>
>>>
>>>>Yeah, I have trouble with that too... even with lots of windows and
>>>>lights, I have to use nothing but really light walls and floors, or I
>>>>can't see a dang thing. :( 
>>>>
>>>>-georg
>>>
>>>
>>Yes, I did. Still pretty damn dark. I even turned off shadows.
>>
>>-georg
>
>
> Saw something concerning another game "Warcraft III" about "forcing the
> card to use software transform and lighting (swtnl) instead of the built in
> hardware. The game may run slower due to the extra software processor
> cycles, however it should fix the dark screen issue" they said.
>
> It was for the Radeon card again but might be worth trying. You can always
> remove it if it doesn't work.
> http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=awr0572p1

Warcraft III was fine. Thanks though!

-georg
Anonymous
January 31, 2009 2:46:15 PM

im mad cuz the needs frezze isnt working i tried it many trimes :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  this is a :non:  :non: