Sign in with
Your question

System fails to boot after flashing Asus HD6950 DCII

Last response: in Overclocking
December 17, 2011 8:04:06 AM

Hi,

I just build my new rig and wanted to flash my Asus HD6950 DCII to HD6970. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. So I eventally got the card flashed, after some trial and errors. I first flashed just to unlock the shaders, it worked. Then I tried to flash with clocked settings and the computer boots (BSOD). The computer keeps booting when ever it tries to start windows. So I thought I'll just flash it back to working bios and turned power off. Switched the switch in the GPU from position 1 to position 0. Tried to restart and nothing. The power turns on but nothing happens, screen stays black.

So I cannot start the computer on GPU factory bios settings, for some reason. And the system boots on windows with my failed OC'ed bios flash. I tried booting to cmd-prompt and then reflash but AtiWinflash complains DDraw is missing. How could I get past that? Is there anything to be done?
December 17, 2011 12:05:20 PM

Thank god I got it working again. Had to blind flash with atiflash and USB Boot.
P07h34d: Too much excitement and too little knowledge for a noob like me :D  I thought you should add the clocks as well.

But everything looks good now. I'll try to unlock the shaders once more and then run FurMark and see how it runs.
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
December 17, 2011 12:17:10 PM

:lol: 

pots - don't flame an OP for being careless/reckless.

arawn - being a noob, you need to read up properly before jumping face first in a bag of glass shards.

its all good with the overclocking and unlocking but the risks involved are yours to take.

:) 

be more careful mate - read up nicely about unlocking the shader maybe the bios you have is a lil glitchy or corrupt.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
December 17, 2011 12:43:13 PM

dude, whats with the texting short hand language - i'm laymen :D 
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
December 17, 2011 12:52:10 PM

i have a bronze hammer atop of my avatar :) 
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
December 17, 2011 1:16:45 PM

okay we are now jacking down the OP's thread mate. PM's our friend here.
!