Sign in with
Your question

How to format sd card from raw to fat 32

Last response: in Storage
July 23, 2011 7:28:55 AM

I have a micro SD card 8gb. When I tryed to format it, so to re-use it, it was converted to RAW format not permitting format to FAT 32. I tryed with WIN XP disk management, by SDFormatter and my camera format capability but failed. Any idea??? Please.
Aris

More about : format card raw fat

July 23, 2011 3:24:36 PM

just try card reader with your SDcard in it and insert it at the back usb port of your machine. once detected, At the Start Menu, right click My Computer and Explore, at your rigth side you can see your SDcard or whatever name of storage you made, rigth click on it then you find "Options" (Format) select FAT32, in the "format option" check the box for quick format then hit Start. please wait until the formatting is done. I hope it works on you...
November 3, 2011 11:01:43 PM

rodzosa said:
just try card reader with your SDcard in it and insert it at the back usb port of your machine. once detected, At the Start Menu, right click My Computer and Explore, at your rigth side you can see your SDcard or whatever name of storage you made, rigth click on it then you find "Options" (Format) select FAT32, in the "format option" check the box for quick format then hit Start. please wait until the formatting is done. I hope it works on you...

hi

I did what you said to do but it still says that the disk is write protected
!