Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nightlife prima guide is arriving

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:58:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&...

Keep looking for new posts by katenigma00 :-)

*Over 300 new walls and floors

*New NPCs Mrs Crumplebottom, Gypsy Matchmaker, The Slob, The Diva, Mr
Big, Grand Vampire, restaurant Host and restaurant server.

*Grilled Cheese Aspiration- all they want to do is eat,make, serve,
influence to eat/serve and talk about Grilled Cheese. The Lifetime
want is to eat 200 Grilled Cheese. The fears are to burn, eat
burnt/spoiled or get rejected for talk about Grilled Cheese. They can
make Grilled Cheese 24/7 and don't need the required cooking points to
make it, but without them they 're still likely to burn it. The only
Sims that will accept the Talk About action are other Grilled Cheese
or extremely nice Sims. In the attraction system, it's not
incompatible with any other Aspiration, but only really compatible
with other Grilled Cheese Sims. However, you get an extra bonus boost
in Attraction between 2 Grilled Cheese that you don't get from any
other combination of Aspirations.

*You won't be able to Scope the Room or Check Sim Out if you haven't
established a Gender Preference, as only Sims of the Gender your Sim
is interested in will sparkle. For Sims fresh out of CAS, the guide
suggests a low-level flirt (like Wolf Whistle) with a Sim of the
Gender you want them to be attracted to, which will set the preference

*The average of 2 Sims attraction to each other. There are 5 levels,
which are visible in the relationship panel and marked with lightning
bolts.

*Love Potion #8.5 Boosts your Sim's attractiveness to all other Sims
by 100 points (on a 150 point scale) so is guaranteed to boost
Chemistry by at least one level. It lasts for 3 hours, and you can
tell it's still in effect because hearts follow your Sim wherever they
go. Taking another potion before the 1st one has worn off causes
Comfort and Hygeine to drop to 0, gagging, and Attraction is at 0
until the potion wears off.

*Dates can take place both at home and at community lots. If you date
at home, the date shows up immediately, so it's suggested that you
prepare for it before you call, instead of wasting Date time in
cooking, cleaning, showering, etc. For dates at Community lots, you
have 1 hour to leave for the lot (picking up your date along the way)
If you don't leave within the hour, you get an angry phone call and
the relationship score drops.

*After the date has ended, its score can affect your needs, either
high or low. A good date with someone with a high skill level can gain
you skill points- a bad date doesn't cause you to lose them. The
amount of skill points depends on how many date levels you've raised
the bar, but you aren't aware of how many points you've gained until
the date is over. You can ask dates and potential dates What Are Your
Skills. I'm Pretty Good At means their level is 1-3, I'm Very Good At
is 4-7, I'm An Expert At is 8-10. You can get points in more than one
skill as well as multiple points per skill

*You won't get a job promotion from a date with someone in your career
if they live in your household.

*A horrible date will result in a flaming bag of pooh being left at
your door. ROFL The fire won't spread, but it won't go out until it's
stomped on or added to your inventory. There is, however, a slight
chance that your Sim will catch on fire while stomping it out.

*A good date will result in a Contact (a friend of your date's)
calling the next day to invite you on a group outing, which the date
will also be a part of. Contact status lasts from 12-52 hours,
depending on the date and Contacts are counted as a sort of temporary
friend- they show in your panel and count towards job promotions.

*they've changed navigation. You can click on another lot while
playing one lot (if the function to see them is enabled) to
automatically switch families/go to the community lot. You can also
use your car to go directly to a community lot without having to go to
the neighborhood screen.




GROUP OUTINGS
"Just For Fun" is an unscored outing. Is useful to get group seated at
one table in restaurants.

Casual Outings are asked for in person, Managed are done over the
phone

You can add/remove people in the group while it's going on.

Rewards are similar as on a date, except that chance of extra skill
points is greatly increased as it's based on the total of skill points
in any given skill, not the average. Also can receive expensive
present from the person on the outing with whom you have the highest
relationship and/or a coupon in the mail for a free dinner at a
restaurant.

You can change to a date while on an outing, but if you have more than
one playable Sim on the outing, you'll have to manage both the date
and the outing.



DINING OUT

You can ask to be seated at a table or at a counter.

If you're missing a key element from your restaurant, a "Closed/Under
Construction" sign will appear outside the restaurant until you go in
under Build/Buy mode to fix the problem.

If your group is too large to sit at one table, they'll be seated at 2
tables, if available, and your Sim will be seated with the Sims s/he
has the highest relationship scores with. If there's not enough room
to seat the entire group, the Host will apologize and refuse to seat
any of the group.

Every Sim has a random, permanent, favorite food, that appears in a
thought bubble when they read the menu. If you order for them,
ordering their favorite food gives a score boost. You can also choose
to order the same food for the entire group, let the group order for
themselves, or only order for certain Sims and allow the rest to order
for themselves.

A high relationship score with the Host can result in all or part of
the meal being Comped (discounted) If you don't have enough money to
pay the entire bill, it will result in a relationship score drop and
it will be added to the bills that come to the house. Before the meal
ends, you can click on the podium and choose to Skip Out On Bill. If
you can avoid the Host for 45 seconds, you get a free meal and don't
take a relationship hit. If you're caught, your relationship score
drops, and a fine is added to the bill.

A high relationship with the Server reduces the chance of getting food
dropped on you.

You can also fall asleep while dining if your Energy gets to low,
resulting in a bad memory/embarassment.


GETTING BITTEN

Getting bitten varies depending on Aspiration, Skills and other
factors. Knowledge Sims and those with high logic levels are bitten at
lower levels.
They say 81-95 with Logic more than 9
61-80 with Logic more than 6
41-60 with Logic more than 3.

Which doesn't make sense. Somehow, I think the real chart would be

41-60 Logic more than 9
61-80 with Logic more than 6
and 81-95 with Logic More than 3


And apparently it also depends on age and non-Family, but then goes on
to say that those aren't required for all conditions without saying
what those conditions are or aren't LOL In the Social Section, it says
the Sim has to be attraction-eligible.



NPC's
You can't interact with the Cook at all, and Mrs Crumplebottom only
has limited interactions- if you try to talk to her, she'll either
give you a lecture or pull out her knitting and ignore you

Mrs. Crumplebottom, besides hating PDA's, apparently will tell you off
for wearing undies/swimwear in public, even if there's a pool on the
lot.

Besides the bowling lanes, poker and drinking at the bar will occupy
her and keep her from coming after you.

The Gypsy Matchmaker is on call 24/7. After calling her to the lot,
any controlable Sim can use her services. She matches you with any Sim
of the preferred Gender who isn't married/engaged/going steady with
the highest Chemistry- including NPCs. They instantly appear out of
thin air. She is marriageable.



Furious State

Sims no longer instantly forgive you for insults. Furious state lasts
from 3 hours (grouchy Sim loses a game) to 336 hours (Break Up of
Marriage, Left at Altar or towards the Burglar after a Burglary) Time
passes towards this if the Sims are on the same lot, even if you're
not playing either of them.

Furious Sims autonomously walk by your lot and vandalize it, can do
enemy actions, bad mouth the other Sim, and one will be driven from
the room if they're in the same one. Status of this state is viewable
in the relationship panel- the background is tinged red, and as time
passes, part of the red part disappears counterclockwise until the
time is up. You can also speed the process by using the new
Appreciate> Apologize action.

Furious Sims can lead to Romantic Rivals. You can get rid of a Rival 3
ways: Influence to Leave Us Alone, Bribe with the Buy Off interaction,
or Fight>Attack, with the loser leaving. However, even if you win,
this can ruin the status of your Date, especially if you're dating a
very nice or Family Sim. Or boost it with a Very Mean or Popularity
Sim.



VAMPIRISM

Until a playable Sim is bitten, no townies will be bitten by the Grand
Vampire. Afterwards, however, vampirism will spread, but only to 10%
of your town's population. Above that, playable Sims will have to do
the biting. However, although Townies don't regenerate when they're
bitten, Service NPC's do, so it's impossible to have a complete town
with just vampires.

Vampires will sleep in their coffin until Sunset, not get up when
they're energy is full.

Even inside, during the day, Vampire's needs decay faster than an
ordinary Sim if they're not in their coffin.

Vampires have their own special pictures from the photo booth, and can
neither starve nor drown.

Although their needs don't deplete naturally after sunset, they can be
depleted by actions/objects. And the need don't raise on their own-
they just freeze.

When you get bitten, your skin color changes. But it's not genetic,
they describe it as a full body tattoo.


CARS
The Smooga Minima: $995
The Smord P328: $2250
The Landwhale by Heaveola: $4250
The Yomoshoto Evasion: $6250
Hunka 711 by Hwang Motors: $11950
Nested Actions are Kiss, Make Out, WooHoo, Try For Baby

Regular Actions are Change Owner, Drive to Community Lot, Take a Spin,
Drive to Work, Take to School, Drive to School, Carpool to Work
With..., Carpool to School With..., Get Alarm Installed, Sit in
Vehicle, Turn Stereo On, Dance( after turning stereo on and getting
out), Turn Lights On, Ask to Get Out.


All Sim cars have infinite capacity.

And certain Sims like certain cars better while dating, but that's a
long involved chart




BUILD MODE
New lot sizes are 3x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4,5x2,5x6

Some of the half walls are more than waist high with glass, spindles,
etc on top and can be combined with regular half walls

You must have a driveway before you can buy a car- there are 2 types.
Concrete in grey and asphalt, or brick, in red or yellow. And Sim cars
have insanely wide turning radiuses, apparently. They need 7 tiles
between the right edge of the lot and the left edge of the driveway.
And they have to be at least 5 tiles wide and 10 tiles long. After the
main piece, there are extenders you can add of 8 tiles long each. And
windows/doors can't cut across the extender piece. *sigh* .But there
are matching floortiles to allow at least the look to be okay. Sims
will always park their car in the garage unless something is blocking
them. Each car needs it's own space to park, but will park on an
extender and if the drive is only one car wide, they will magically
get around the car that would otherwise be blocking them in.

There's a new terrain smoothing tool (like in SC4) to allow you to
smooth edges of sharp terrain without making the ground perfectly
flat. You can also now put floor tiles on sloped terrain.

Any Empty house placed into the lot bin can now be infinitely
reproduced. Occupied houses, however, are deleted from the bin once
placed.

You can build/place things under the arch of a connecting column.




MISC

Downtownies have a job level of at least level 6 and have more money
and skills than a normal townie.

Restaurants require:
Host Podium
Food Service Stove
Dining Table or Counter
At least one Chair




For dates, you get a bouquet of flowers that never die for a Deam Dte,
one flower for Great date, Love Letter for Good Date, nothing for Okay
and Lame Dates, Hate Letter for Bad Date, and Poo for Horrible Date.



Kiss Hand is a new general Kiss action
Under Slow Dance, you have Dance Close, Lower Hand, and Head on
Shoulder

While sitting at a table, you can Blow Kiss, Caress Hands, Feed a
Bite, Steal a Bite, Surprise Engagement

While sitting in a booth, you can Hot Smooch and Love Talk




PLEASURE SIM LIFETIME ASPIRATIONS
Go on 100 First Dates
Become Professional Party Guest
Have 50 Dream Dates
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:58:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>*Over 300 new walls and floors

Fail to see how this can be a bad thing!! ^_^

>*Grilled Cheese Aspiration- all they want to do is eat,make, serve,
>influence to eat/serve and talk about Grilled Cheese. The Lifetime
>want is to eat 200 Grilled Cheese. The fears are to burn, eat
>burnt/spoiled or get rejected for talk about Grilled Cheese. They can
>make Grilled Cheese 24/7 and don't need the required cooking points to
>make it, but without them they 're still likely to burn it. The only
>Sims that will accept the Talk About action are other Grilled Cheese
>or extremely nice Sims. In the attraction system, it's not
>incompatible with any other Aspiration, but only really compatible
>with other Grilled Cheese Sims. However, you get an extra bonus boost
>in Attraction between 2 Grilled Cheese that you don't get from any
>other combination of Aspirations.

I'm already thinking about forcing some Sims into this aspiration.
There's a Sim called Renoir Degas who's meant to be the
neighbourhood tramp. Everyone pretty much dislikes him (apart from
Juliette Capp who really likes him!!) The Grilled Cheese Aspiration
seems kind of appropriate. Although I be nice and make another townie
one for him to talk too.

>GROUP OUTINGS
>"Just For Fun" is an unscored outing. Is useful to get group seated at
>one table in restaurants.

>Casual Outings are asked for in person, Managed are done over the
>phone

I really like this. I always like to take teenagers out on the weekend.
And this will make it much much better

>DINING OUT

>Every Sim has a random, permanent, favourite food, that appears in a
>thought bubble when they read the menu. If you order for them,
>ordering their favourite food gives a score boost. You can also choose
>to order the same food for the entire group, let the group order for
>themselves, or only order for certain Sims and allow the rest to order
>for themselves.

Hmm, I foresee a lot of inappropriate favourite foods and much tweaking
with SimPe to correct it. Oh hum.

>NPC's

>Mrs. Crumplebottom, besides hating PDA's, apparently will tell you off
>for wearing undies/swimwear in public, even if there's a pool on the
>lot.

Are PDA's in the game? Is it a new object?

>Furious State
>Sims no longer instantly forgive you for insults. Furious state lasts
>from 3 hours (grouchy Sim loses a game) to 336 hours (Break Up of
>Marriage, Left at Altar or towards the Burglar after a Burglary) Time
>passes towards this if the Sims are on the same lot, even if you're
>not playing either of them.

>Furious Sims autonomously walk by your lot and vandalize it, can do
>enemy actions, bad mouth the other Sim, and one will be driven from
>the room if they're in the same one. Status of this state is viewable
>in the relationship panel- the background is tinged red, and as time
>passes, part of the red part disappears counterclockwise until the
>time is up. You can also speed the process by using the new
>Appreciate> Apologize action.

>Furious Sims can lead to Romantic Rivals. You can get rid of a Rival 3
>ways: Influence to Leave Us Alone, Bribe with the Buy Off interaction,
>or Fight>Attack, with the loser leaving. However, even if you win,
>this can ruin the status of your Date, especially if you're dating a
>very nice or Family Sim. Or boost it with a Very Mean or Popularity
>Sim.

This seem great to me. Must get Lillith's and Angela's furious level
right up there!

>BUILD MODE

>You must have a driveway before you can buy a car- there are 2 types.
>Concrete in grey and asphalt, or brick, in red or yellow. And Sim cars
>have insanely wide turning radiuses, apparently. They need 7 tiles
>between the right edge of the lot and the left edge of the driveway.
>And they have to be at least 5 tiles wide and 10 tiles long. After the
>main piece, there are extenders you can add of 8 tiles long each. And
>windows/doors can't cut across the extender piece. *sigh* .But there
>are matching floortiles to allow at least the look to be okay. Sims
>will always park their car in the garage unless something is blocking
>them. Each car needs it's own space to park, but will park on an
>extender and if the drive is only one car wide, they will magically
>get around the car that would otherwise be blocking them in.

Hmm, sounds a pain. Have to wait to see it for real

>Any Empty house placed into the lot bin can now be infinitely
>reproduced. Occupied houses, however, are deleted from the bin once
>placed.

Great!!

>MISC

>Kiss Hand is a new general Kiss action
>Under Slow Dance, you have Dance Close, Lower Hand, and Head on
>Shoulder

There's also a picture where the sims look like they are line
dancing. Is that an action too? Any more dance actions are great. I
love watching them dancing!

>PLEASURE SIM LIFETIME ASPIRATIONS
>Go on 100 First Dates
>Become Professional Party Guest
>Have 50 Dream Dates

100 first dates?!!! Are there 100 sims in my neighbourhood? And
assuming you can do one date per day and sims live about 80 days how
you ever going to fit them all in?
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:58:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>> Are PDA's in the game? Is it a new object?

>PDA = Public Display of Affection. You know, public groping, kissing,
>hugging beyond the A-frame, dangling all over, etc.

LOL that told me. Must be an American term I never heard of.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:58:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>>Hmm, I foresee a lot of inappropriate favourite foods and much tweaking
>>with SimPe to correct it. Oh hum.

>Inappropriate favourite foods?

You know don't fit the Sims bio. Posh sims that like hotdog and slobs
that like chef salad. I do use SimPe to tweak my sims alot so there
likes, dislikes, life time wants etc match their bio.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 5:57:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

BombayMix wrote:
>>*Over 300 new walls and floors
hn>>Mrs. Crumplebottom, besides hating PDA's, apparently will tell you off
>>for wearing undies/swimwear in public, even if there's a pool on the
>>lot.
>
>
> Are PDA's in the game? Is it a new object?

PDA = Public Display of Affection. You know, public groping, kissing,
hugging beyond the A-frame, dangling all over, etc.

This phrase is from highschool, when all PDA's were banned. Hell, they
wouldn't even let us hold hands in the hall.

I remember once I leaned over to whisper into my boyfriend's ear in
front of the principal, and we both got chewed out, because he thought I
had kissed his cheek.

Yee gods, it was enough to make me want to French him with a gagging
tongue in front of the old fart. And really, nobody wants to see that!

-georg
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:20:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On 7 Sep 2005 04:02:13 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>>*Over 300 new walls and floors
>
>Fail to see how this can be a bad thing!! ^_^

But it sure sounds like a lot huh? Personally I welcome it... the more
the better, but the quality of custom stuff is often lacking and looks
out of place.

>I'm already thinking about forcing some Sims into this aspiration.

LOL me too!

>There's a Sim called Renoir Degas who's meant to be the
>neighbourhood tramp. Everyone pretty much dislikes him (apart from
>Juliette Capp who really likes him!!) The Grilled Cheese Aspiration
>seems kind of appropriate. Although I be nice and make another townie
>one for him to talk too.

I'm gonna give it to some of my hick sims... although I think the fun
of it may wear off after a while. All they wanna do is eat and talk
cheese... LOL. Maybe for the neighbourhood loon :-)

>Hmm, I foresee a lot of inappropriate favourite foods and much tweaking
>with SimPe to correct it. Oh hum.

Inappropriate favourite foods? The dishes at the restaurant at
different from the ones you can cook yourself. Hopefully you can also
choose it in CAS.

>Are PDA's in the game? Is it a new object?

Sounds like it, although maybe someone mistook the game thing for it
or something.

>Hmm, sounds a pain. Have to wait to see it for real

Yeah I hope it's not as difficult as it sounds.

>Great!!

Saves us a LOT of work! Currently I have to keep those houses in a
seperate neighbourhood and copy and rename files manually but tabbing
into windows.

>There's also a picture where the sims look like they are line
>dancing. Is that an action too? Any more dance actions are great. I
>love watching them dancing!

There's at least one two new dances. The slow/close-dance and the...
what was it they called it? Smidge? Smudge? Where lots of sims dance
the same funny dance.. :-)

>100 first dates?!!! Are there 100 sims in my neighbourhood? And
>assuming you can do one date per day and sims live about 80 days how
>you ever going to fit them all in?

Yeah I gotta admit, I don't like the sound of it either... nor do I
like the "20 Best Friends" aspiration etc... it's simply too many! And
one HUNDRED first dates? Geeze... I realize GOING on a date is no big
deal to accomplish but sheeeeeeeeeesh. 10 would be more realistic.
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:28:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:58:52 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

Lil more... and funny matchmaker prices. Before I had heard "5000$"
would get you a good date. Here it says 500. And hopefully someone
will hack these dishes to be made at home.







MATCHMAKER prices:
$0-$250 gets you a bad date
$250-$499 good match
$500+ Great match





The only addition to make-at-home food is the Crepe Suzette.

There appears to be a set menu for all restaurants.
Baked Alaska
Chili
Crepes
Filet Mignon
Fried Chicken
Hamburger
Layer Cake
Lime Seared Prawns
Lobster
Macaroni and Cheese
Nectarine Tartlette
Omelette
Pork Chops
Ribs
Salad
Salmon
Spaghetti and Meatballs

When you order, you click on the waiting Server and chose what you
want. There are also options to allow you to order for your date,
order the same thing for the entire table, or to allow everyone to
order their own food.
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:28:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
>
>
> The only addition to make-at-home food is the Crepe Suzette.
>
> There appears to be a set menu for all restaurants.
> Baked Alaska
> Chili
> Crepes
> Filet Mignon
> Fried Chicken
> Hamburger
> Layer Cake
> Lime Seared Prawns
> Lobster
> Macaroni and Cheese
> Nectarine Tartlette
> Omelette
> Pork Chops
> Ribs
> Salad
> Salmon
> Spaghetti and Meatballs

Can I make a scene because they don't have Grilled Cheese?

-georg
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:03:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:58:42 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Can I make a scene because they don't have Grilled Cheese?

LOL, good question... something to ponder for grill cheese sims :-)
Although I think most ppl will try to stay away from those sims :-)
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:04:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:57:43 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>PDA = Public Display of Affection. You know, public groping, kissing,
>hugging beyond the A-frame, dangling all over, etc.

Oooooh... darn, I was getting my hopes up too :-(

>This phrase is from highschool, when all PDA's were banned. Hell, they
>wouldn't even let us hold hands in the hall.

So basically ANY display of strong emotion was banned? lol

>I remember once I leaned over to whisper into my boyfriend's ear in
>front of the principal, and we both got chewed out, because he thought I
>had kissed his cheek.

Sheesh...

>Yee gods, it was enough to make me want to French him with a gagging
>tongue in front of the old fart. And really, nobody wants to see that!

hihi
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:18:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:58:52 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>CARS
>The Smooga Minima: $995
>The Smord P328: $2250
>The Landwhale by Heaveola: $4250
>The Yomoshoto Evasion: $6250
>Hunka 711 by Hwang Motors: $11950

I believe:
Smooga = The little car that looks like an old VW Golf.
Smord = Pickup truck
Landwhale = Minivan
Evasion = Sedan
Hunka 711 = Simborughini sportscar

>New lot sizes are 3x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4,5x2,5x6

This is gonna make for some interesting stuff... a 3x1 lot is big
enough for a small house at the back, in the middle a garden, and in
the front, a car parking lot :-)

I'll have to make a new neighbourhood with some different roads,
instead of just symmetric ones :-)
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:19:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>>Mrs. Crumplebottom, besides hating PDA's, apparently will tell you off
>>for wearing undies/swimwear in public, even if there's a pool on the
>>lot.
>
>
> Are PDA's in the game? Is it a new object?
>
Public display of affection.
Jeanie
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

BombayMix wrote:
>>*Over 300 new walls and floors
>
>
> Fail to see how this can be a bad thing!! ^_^
>
>
>>*Grilled Cheese Aspiration- all they want to do is eat,make, serve,
>>influence to eat/serve and talk about Grilled Cheese. The Lifetime
>>want is to eat 200 Grilled Cheese. The fears are to burn, eat
>>burnt/spoiled or get rejected for talk about Grilled Cheese. They can
>>make Grilled Cheese 24/7 and don't need the required cooking points to
>>make it, but without them they 're still likely to burn it. The only
>>Sims that will accept the Talk About action are other Grilled Cheese
>>or extremely nice Sims. In the attraction system, it's not
>>incompatible with any other Aspiration, but only really compatible
>>with other Grilled Cheese Sims. However, you get an extra bonus boost
>>in Attraction between 2 Grilled Cheese that you don't get from any
>>other combination of Aspirations.
>
>
> I'm already thinking about forcing some Sims into this aspiration.
> There's a Sim called Renoir Degas who's meant to be the
> neighbourhood tramp. Everyone pretty much dislikes him (apart from
> Juliette Capp who really likes him!!) The Grilled Cheese Aspiration
> seems kind of appropriate. Although I be nice and make another townie
> one for him to talk too.
>
And someone will create a mesh for the Cheesehead hats worn by Green Bay
Packers' fans so all the cheeseheads can recognize each other in public.
LOL

Jeanie
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:00:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:18:24 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>>New lot sizes are 3x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4,5x2,5x6

BTW, if anyone is interested... "1" in terms of lotsize corresponds to
10 tiles in the game :-)
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:16:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:18:24 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
><nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:
>
>
>
>>>New lot sizes are 3x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4,5x2,5x6
>>>
>>>
>
>BTW, if anyone is interested... "1" in terms of lotsize corresponds to
>10 tiles in the game :-)
>--
>
>
>Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
>your neighbourhood could be next!
>
>
I like the look of those sizes, I'd like to be able to make custom
lot sizes though, it's a shame we can't, (maybe in a future expansion pack).

---Sandra
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 2:42:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> *Grilled Cheese Aspiration- all they want to do is eat,make, serve,
> influence to eat/serve and talk about Grilled Cheese.


ROTFLMAO!!! Oh, I am definitely playing this aspiration first!

Laura
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:33:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:35:15 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>No, the idea is that the person receiving it will think it's just a flaming
>bag, and so try to put the fire out by stepping on it...

Jeremy, you sound like you've encountered this phenomenon before? LOL
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 2:15:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 07:57:09 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>What worries me is the option to add it to your inventory. What were they on
>when they thought up these game concepts?

You can add virtually ANYTHING to your inventory... maybe you can put
the bag on someone else's lot? hehe
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 4:12:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Madame Mim wrote:

> What worries me is the option to add it to your inventory. What were they on
> when they thought up these game concepts?
>
> rotfl
>
> MM


LOL Really! I wonder if you can then use it on an
enemy? And if so, where do you get one originally, if
someone hasn't dropped one on your porch?

Laura
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:07:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Laura Castellano wrote:

> Madame Mim wrote:
>
>> What worries me is the option to add it to your inventory. What were
>> they on when they thought up these game concepts?
>>
>> rotfl
>>
>> MM
>
>
>
>
> And if so, where do you get one originally, if
> someone hasn't dropped one on your porch?
>
> Laura


ROFL, they'll be stink lines aplenty.

---Sandra
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:44:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:12:35 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>LOL Really! I wonder if you can then use it on an
>enemy? And if so, where do you get one originally, if
>someone hasn't dropped one on your porch?

Well, you can visit other people's lots now... so I don't see why not
:-)
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 7:44:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
news:22g0i1ldtd4oqkht74hg9v5261c1u7e4no@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:12:35 GMT, Laura Castellano
> <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >LOL Really! I wonder if you can then use it on an
> >enemy? And if so, where do you get one originally, if
> >someone hasn't dropped one on your porch?
>
> Well, you can visit other people's lots now... so I don't see why not
> :-)
> --
Are you sure about that GP? As I understand it, when you click onto another
lot from the game screen, the current closes down and the new one opens up -
with the new family. It just saves you a trip to the Neighbourhood screen.

Best wishes
maxon
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 9:13:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:14:35 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>Are you sure about that GP? As I understand it, when you click onto another
>lot from the game screen, the current closes down and the new one opens up -
>with the new family. It just saves you a trip to the Neighbourhood screen.

Oh bugger... :-( When community lots are concerned it moves your
current sim there. I got the impression from the webchat that you
could visit other sims...
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:37:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> *Grilled Cheese Aspiration- all they want to do is eat,make, serve,
> influence to eat/serve and talk about Grilled Cheese.

ROFL! So it WAS true!

> *You won't be able to Scope the Room or Check Sim Out if you haven't
> established a Gender Preference, as only Sims of the Gender your Sim
> is interested in will sparkle. For Sims fresh out of CAS, the guide
> suggests a low-level flirt (like Wolf Whistle) with a Sim of the
> Gender you want them to be attracted to, which will set the
> preference

Hm. I hope you can change those. Undoubtedly, there will be a hack
soon. I don't like to be limited!

> Taking another potion before the 1st one has worn off causes
> Comfort and Hygeine to drop to 0, gagging, and Attraction is at 0
> until the potion wears off.

:-)

<snip>

Great! Thank you, Guardian Pegasus!

T.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:37:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
news:3obenoF4skguU1@individual.net...
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
>> *Grilled Cheese Aspiration- all they want to do is eat,make, serve,
>> influence to eat/serve and talk about Grilled Cheese.
>
> ROFL! So it WAS true!
>
>> *You won't be able to Scope the Room or Check Sim Out if you haven't
>> established a Gender Preference, as only Sims of the Gender your Sim
>> is interested in will sparkle. For Sims fresh out of CAS, the guide
>> suggests a low-level flirt (like Wolf Whistle) with a Sim of the
>> Gender you want them to be attracted to, which will set the preference
>
> Hm. I hope you can change those. Undoubtedly, there will be a hack soon. I
> don't like to be limited!

Does that mean Romance sims will be limited to one gender? It is hard
enough to get them to woohoo with 20 sims if they don't discriminate.

How do people like the new guide? The first one was useful, but there
didn't seem to be enough hidden or difficult content to justify the Uni one.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:05:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Georg wrote:

> PDA = Public Display of Affection. You know, public groping,
> kissing,
> hugging beyond the A-frame, dangling all over, etc.

Okay, now I want to know what an A-frame is.

T.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:07:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Madame Mim wrote:

> What worries me is the option to add it to your inventory. What were
> they on when they thought up these game concepts?

Well, you could then dump it at someone else's door!

T.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:08:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Laura Castellano wrote:

> LOL Really! I wonder if you can then use it on an
> enemy? And if so, where do you get one originally, if
> someone hasn't dropped one on your porch?

I see dark times ahead for Vidcund Curious...

T.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:00:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:05:56 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>> PDA = Public Display of Affection. You know, public groping,
>> kissing,
>> hugging beyond the A-frame, dangling all over, etc.
>
>Okay, now I want to know what an A-frame is.

Sounds like the shape of a body... possibly torso+arms? I dont know
lol
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:01:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:11:03 GMT, "Nancy Scott"
<nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote:

>How do people like the new guide? The first one was useful, but there
>didn't seem to be enough hidden or difficult content to justify the Uni one.

Guides are only useful if you don't have access to the net and can
have somebody else look it up for you LOL
--


Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:05:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Guides are only useful if you don't have access to the net and can
> have somebody else look it up for you LOL


On the other hand, I really enjoy just sitting down and reading
mine, like when I'm waiting on a kid at school or something.
Are the guides available in stores yet, does anyone know?

Laura
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:06:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Taemon wrote:
> Georg wrote:
>
>
>>PDA = Public Display of Affection. You know, public groping,
>>kissing,
>>hugging beyond the A-frame, dangling all over, etc.
>
>
> Okay, now I want to know what an A-frame is.

Okay, face your fellow hugger. You grab their shoulders, they grab
yours. Keep your feet planted at roughly just under arm length apart
from your fellow hugger. Lean forward to almost but not quite touch cheeks.

From the side, your arms are the bar connecting the sides of the A, and
the cheeks are the point at the top.

There is definitely a lot of air in there. Being afraid to actually
touch the fellow hugger is assumed, or the relationship is distant
enough to where more of a hug would be oogee or unseemly. How I would
hug the Aunt who always pinches my cheek would be ideal for this hug, or
the brother-in-law of which I'm not particularly fond.

-georg
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:49:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>>>PDA = Public Display of Affection. You know, public groping,
>>>kissing,
>>>hugging beyond the A-frame, dangling all over, etc.

>> Okay, now I want to know what an A-frame is.

>Okay, face your fellow hugger. You grab their shoulders, they grab
>yours. Keep your feet planted at roughly just under arm length apart
>from your fellow hugger. Lean forward to almost but not quite touch cheeks.

> From the side, your arms are the bar connecting the sides of the A, and
>the cheeks are the point at the top.

>There is definitely a lot of air in there. Being afraid to actually
>touch the fellow hugger is assumed, or the relationship is distant
>enough to where more of a hug would be oogee or unseemly. How I would
>hug the Aunt who always pinches my cheek would be ideal for this hug, or
>the brother-in-law of which I'm not particularly fond.

Well I was going to say an A frame two pieces of wood nailed together
at one end with a horizontal beam attached to them about half way down.
Often used by ancient civilisations for lifting.

But it would seem that's as accurate as my understanding of a PDA!!!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:57:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Georg wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
>> Georg wrote:
>>> PDA = Public Display of Affection. You know, public groping,
>>> kissing, hugging beyond the A-frame, dangling all over, etc.
>> Okay, now I want to know what an A-frame is.
<snip>
> There is definitely a lot of air in there. Being afraid to actually
> touch the fellow hugger is assumed, or the relationship is distant
> enough to where more of a hug would be oogee or unseemly.

Ah! Goes well with air-kissing, me thinks. Thank you :-)

T.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 10:25:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>>Are PDA's in the game? Is it a new object?
>
>Sounds like it, although maybe someone mistook the game thing for it
>or something.

PDA = Public Display of Affection.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

-Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
September 19, 2005 3:50:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

My sims first date was great. It got the score of dream date. Too bad I
hate that sim and I want to get rid of him. Did you know: If your date
is good, the person you date might come around to your house with a
bundle of roses and put them on your doorstep? If you ar found cheating
by anyone in the family of the person you ae chating on, chances are,
you will get slapped LOTS and LOTS. Also the same person comes around
to your house and steals your newspaper! I didn't see that one coming.
!