remote desktop issue

August 9, 2004 7:34:07 PM

"the local policy of the system does not permit you to logon interactively"
I get this error when trying to logon via remote desktop to an XP Pro
machine. (xp pro sp1a - upgraded from windows 2000 pro). This happens even
when trying to logon as the local administrator. Remote logons (from the
'Remote' tab in system properties) are enabled. Anyone know what could be
causing this? I'm thinking it has something to do with the system being
upgraded from 2k. I have other xp pro machines that were not upgrades that
work fine.

also note: the logins that I have tried can login successfully locally at
the machine.

????

More about : remote desktop issue

Anonymous
August 10, 2004 4:53:50 PM

Add yourself as a remote user, the machine might have a
higher security set, so you have to specify what users can
connect
!