Save WIFI password to single XP account

domebasher

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I am having a small issue that I'm looking to figure out. On my computer there are multiple accounts: the administrator (me) and a separate account for everyone else who uses it. There are also 2 WIFI connections: one connection that has blocked websites for users, and a unblocked connection for the administrators. The problem is, when I enter the unblocked internet password into the admin account, it also saves the password to the user account. Is there any way to save the WIFI password to only the admin account?

Any help is appreciated

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Afraid not. The only workaround is to input it every time and make sure it doesn't save in Preferred Networks. You could, however, make the other accounts Limited or block specific sites for specific machines by MAC code or IP address.

domebasher

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Do you mean make the other accounts a "limited user"? Because I believe that they are, but the WIFI password still manages to save to that "limited" account. Ive been doing quite a bit of research on this subject online, and looks like if I really want to do this, im gonna have to jump through hoops to make it work.

You'd think that this would be so simple....