Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need advice on heatsinks

Last response: in Components
December 11, 2009 12:02:53 AM

I wanted to buy a heatsink, but don't know which to choose.
I want an anti-dust heatsink! My house is dusty. And maybe easy-to-clean?
My CPU is Intel i5 750 (LGA1156)
I saw these:
-CM Hyper TX3 (Maybe this. It's cheap)
-CM Hyper 212 Plus
-DeepCool Ice Edge 400
-Corsair H50 Water Cooler (I think it's too expansive)
Which should I cjoose within the list?
(Room temperature between 28-34C)

More about : advice heatsinks

Best solution

December 11, 2009 3:24:23 AM

Out of your list, I would get the Hyper 212+... It is a great HSF (one of the best price to performance you can buy) and it is really easy to remove the fan for cleaning, while still in the case.

As for the dust free concept, the H50 fits best, since it has no CPU fan and replaces your standard exhaust fan on the back of your case.
December 11, 2009 3:28:04 AM

I also would recommend the 212. I haven't got to using it yet, but it looks very well designed (ignore all the reviews saying it is hard to install. Read the directions carefully, watch their youtube videos, and use your brain and you'll be fine). Enjoy whichever you end up going with!
m
l
Related resources
December 11, 2009 7:25:49 AM

EXT64 said:
I also would recommend the 212. I haven't got to using it yet, but it looks very well designed (ignore all the reviews saying it is hard to install. Read the directions carefully, watch their youtube videos, and use your brain and you'll be fine). Enjoy whichever you end up going with!

thanks...but how to write the computer specs like you below the message?
m
l
December 11, 2009 10:03:50 AM

if you want to stop dust, it's normally done by the case rather than the HSF. The corsair doesn't offer a great deal of cooling over air.
m
l
December 11, 2009 12:14:18 PM

Edit your signature. Go to profile, forum options, and fill in the block with the info. You may also have to change some of the options below it as well.
m
l
!