Which brand of PC Case cooling fans are the best and the least noisy?

which are the best
7 answers Last reply
More about which brand case cooling fans noisy
  1. Scythe Slipstream and SFlex...
    they are available at various CFM and noise levels...
  2. I'm quite satisfied with my 3 Antec trispeed 120mm. They're low noise and rather efficient and they are cheap as well.
  3. i bought a few noctua's and i love them... a bit on the expensive side, but if you can afford them, they are so worth it ;)
  4. +1 for scythe slip stream and s-flex. before them I had scythe kaze maru (140mm) but they are not "that" good - they are OK but not as good as slip stream & s-flex.

on PWM side I have Akasa Apache and I'm very very found of them - noise/performance wise they are on s-flex level but with the advantage of PWM...

before scythe and akasa I had several cooler master (from my case) but was not happy with them - their problem is if they have nice air flow, than are too noisy and oposite - if quite, than air flow suffers. I have also noctua p12 which is OK (as s-flex) but too expensive for my likings...

in short I have spent to much money & time to find "optimal fans". so far, scythe is my "friend" ;)
  5. to make my previous comment more complete, I will mention that I have 2 from each fan I mentioned except kaze maru... from those I have 5 :D 3x1200 RPM and 2x500 RPM :D
  6. Here is a link to an excellent web site with a lot of useful information about silent pc's and quiet fans:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article63-page2.html

It pays to look around the site and read technical reviews.
  7. Thanks Johnny I actually learned something there, though it isn't my thing since I feel that as long as the DBA rating is under 40 its acceptable.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooling Cases Components