COD4 Is it better playing it on a PC or XBox 360

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Controller
  • Xbox
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 7, 2009 4:15:08 AM

Hi guys my Q popped up because I already play COD4 in my PC. But got this idea of getting an Xbox for reasons game feel and the use a controller at it's best. In my PC I have an Xbox controller programed but I imagine the feel of the game play it is different, and thats what am after. I have to use the controller in my left hand and sync the commands that I need the most and on my right hand I use the mouse. I can't get the controller sync well to move like the mouse. Or to slow or fast. I remember playing SOCOM, 2 & 3 on PS2 and it was great for me. On PC I know that graphics are way better than the Xbox. My PC specs: ASUS Commando MB + 3.4GHZ OC Q6700 + 4GB of Ram + BFG 512MB GT 8800 + OCZ 700W PSU + Vista 32Bit Ultimate. QUESTION: Buy 2 ATI cards to crossfire it with this board or get an Xbox 360. I know that some newer games let u use full control of the Xbox without having to program it like GRID, Left4Dead and so on. And which ATI card you recommend Crossfire?

More about : cod4 playing xbox 360

Best solution

October 7, 2009 4:35:26 AM

Well mainly it depend on the Resolution of your screen, the higher the resolution, the more powerful output of your VGA will be needed. But in my opinion i would say you to use buy an Nvidia GTX 295, install it (PCI-Express Slot Needed)because the graphical output is really worthy. But one thing using an X-Box is that its easy to use, but remember the speed of the mouse acceleration is not available in the Xbox, because using the mouse, the gaming thrill is more since you can control the speed of moving around. Id say you to buy yourself a good Nvidia card because the graphics of the games are the most important. :)  take care. Also if you can provide me a mail to where you got the X-Box 360 emulator it would be awsome. Thank You
a b U Graphics card
October 7, 2009 6:22:38 AM

GTX295 to play COD4? LAWLS...

His 8800GT is fine, and will max out COD4 at most resolutions.
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2009 6:51:49 AM

8800GT is fine for COD4. I can't imagine playing COD4 multiplayer on a controller. I'd amagine the multiplayer would be easier on a 360 as PC online game can get pretty intense. If you're not really into gaming and are more casual, go for the 360. If you play more competitively, go for PC. PC will look better but the cost is high if you already own an High Definition LCD TV.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 7, 2009 4:10:33 PM

PC all the way!

I hate playing shooters on the console. The dual joystick is a pain in the a$s. Nothing is better for first person shooters than WASD and the mouse!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 7, 2009 4:24:10 PM

^+1. And make sure that it's a pretty good moue at that with multiple buttons (5+?) to switch between weps quickly,etc.
m
l
October 7, 2009 4:44:19 PM

Hi thanks for the tips. I have 2 Nvidia 8800 but my MB supports only ATI crossfire, Can't SLI it. The program called Xpadder v. 5.0 Google it, if not and send me and email where to send it. Please send it to me before tomorrow I'll be flying and am heading where I don't have internet access.
m
l
October 7, 2009 4:52:42 PM

Thanks for the help. I play it multiplayer with the controller and mouse. I run 1920x1200 in a 24" with no problems. But I see other players looks smooth moving around. And am looking for that feeling. Even I drop down the resolution I see the same. Or is it that they use certain joysticks????
m
l
October 16, 2009 4:05:04 AM

ludakon.mnm@gmail.com.....It might be already late..But still if you can id really appreciate it...:) 
m
l
October 16, 2009 8:57:14 AM

chunkymonster said:
PC all the way!

I hate playing shooters on the console. The dual joystick is a pain in the a$s. Nothing is better for first person shooters than WASD and the mouse!

Damn right dude! mouse and keyboard all the way!
m
l
October 30, 2009 12:30:37 PM

ludakon1234567890 said:
ludakon.mnm@gmail.com.....It might be already late..But still if you can id really appreciate it...:) 

I wrote to today and sending you emulator but got this message back:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

ludakon.mnm@gmail.com
m
l
!