Annoying chirp on start up (MA785GM-US2H)

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
ONLY ON FIRST START UP (BEFORE POST),IT SEEM LIKE IT HESITATES FOR A MOMENT, AND THEN I HEAR LOW TONE CHIRP BEFORE 1 SHORT BEEP SIGNAL.PLEESE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THAT...IT IS VERY ANNOYING.THANK YOU.
MY PC;

GIGABYTE MA785GM-US2H
AMD Phenom II x4 940 Black Edition
4GB CORSAIR CM2X2048-6400C5
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 500gb
XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770
ULTRA LSP 650
Lite-On 22x DVD/CD Burner
Windows 7x64bit
LG M237WD-PM Monitor/TV 1080p,

Solution
Check your BIOS settings regarding the CPU fan. I believe there are minimum and maximum values you can apply to control how fast it runs. Just lower the minimum temperature and/or raise the minimum PWM until the fan comes on as soon as you turn the machine on. You may need to press either Ctrl-F1 or Alt-F1 (sorry, I forget which) to get to advanced settings in your BIOS. The correct key combination should be in your mobo manual.
Please do not use all caps; it looks like you are yelling.
Can you tell the origin of the "low tone chirp?" My best guess would be that the BIOS on your Gigabyte board is set to not spin up the CPU fan right away, and you're getting a fan failure warning until it comes on. Check your fan settings.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

Check your BIOS settings regarding the CPU fan. I believe there are minimum and maximum values you can apply to control how fast it runs. Just lower the minimum temperature and/or raise the minimum PWM until the fan comes on as soon as you turn the machine on. You may need to press either Ctrl-F1 or Alt-F1 (sorry, I forget which) to get to advanced settings in your BIOS. The correct key combination should be in your mobo manual.

Solution

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Ok turned back to enabled,change "cpu smart fan mode" to PWM and change fan temp.warning from auto to 70 C all good so far ,it's beyond me why dey set some default options to "auto". Memory voltage (in M.I.T) to...,in "auto" i was getting 1.945v,change to manual ,boom it dropped to 1.85v .I do enjoy this mb but this " island boys" a little strange..they named the first fighter jet "beautiful cloud"..haha