Overclocking e8500 voltage Help Please!

diggs747

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
So I bought a new graphics card, too new, my cpu is bottlenecking, so I've been trying to overclock it.

I currently have it running at 4.02ghz (9.5 * 422) without stress testing it yet. My vcore at 1.4 CPUZ says my vcore is at 1.384. I that setting in my bios enabled to reduce vdroop, but it still seems low. My question is, am I running to high of a vcore? What should my North bridge and south bridge voltage be at? What about my cpu ppl voltage? Oh, and my DRAM voltage is safe for up to 2.2, so I set it there in my bios manually, but it displayes higher in my hardware monitor bios feature, what voltage should I trust? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4.02ghz vcore 1.4 + aftermarket artic7 cooler
OCZ reaper 4gb, 800 guaranteed to OC at 1066 (but set at 1058) 2.2v
Rampage Formula mobo

Solution
All DDR2 RAM will run safely at 2.2 volts.

I have three desktop systems (Q9550, Q6600, and E7500). All are highly overclocked (3.6 - 4.1 GHz). The RAM in all of the systems is running at 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio. That is like the happy spot where they are running exactly in step. The fancy word is "synchronomously".

Like I said above, "Set your memory frequency to 844 MHz (1:1 FSB:RAM ratio). You won't gain any real performance by overclocking your RAM and you will decrease stability. "

Temperature monitoring: I use RealTemp and CoreTemp.

Vcore is getting up there, but it is still within safe limits (1.45 volts). At whatever you set it to, the load temps need to be kept under 70 C.

If possible, leave n & s bridge voltages stock. You might need to increase north bridge voltage a little for stability.

You should be able to leave the pll (phase lock loop - I think that is what you are talking about) voltage stock. If you need to increase it for stability under load, increase it as little as possible.

Set your memory frequency to 844 MHz (1:1 FSB:RAM ratio). You won't gain any real performance by overclocking your RAM and you will decrease stability.

At 844 MHz, you should be able to run your RAM at the default 1.8 volts. If not there, you should not need to go over 2.0 volts. 2.2 volts is safe for all DDR2, but lower is always better.

You can expect that load temps will be at least 20 C higher with a C2D.

diggs747

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011

Thanks for your help, was worried no one would respond. Just a few more question if you have the time.

My ram is meant to be overclocked to 1066, it has a warranty that even covers the higher 2.2 voltage, should I still clock it at 800 mhz however? What application do you use to monitor temp while running your os?

All DDR2 RAM will run safely at 2.2 volts.

I have three desktop systems (Q9550, Q6600, and E7500). All are highly overclocked (3.6 - 4.1 GHz). The RAM in all of the systems is running at 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio. That is like the happy spot where they are running exactly in step. The fancy word is "synchronomously".

Like I said above, "Set your memory frequency to 844 MHz (1:1 FSB:RAM ratio). You won't gain any real performance by overclocking your RAM and you will decrease stability. "

Temperature monitoring: I use RealTemp and CoreTemp.

Solution