Can you add 2x 4gb memory to computer that already has 2 x 2gb?

So I have looked for a gaming computer that is under 1000$ for a long time and I finally found one at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227227, but I also like surfing the internet and playing internet games, and I was planning to have this computer for quite a while and I was wondering if you can add 2, 4gb sticks of memory... It already has 2, 2gb of memory but I thought that 12gb would be better in the long run then 8gb (buying two more 2gb sticks). I have a AMD 770 motherboard... Thats all I know about it, the place I am buying the computer does not say anything else about it that I am aware of...

One kinda random thing I was also wondering is if this computer can crossfire or SLI GPU? Its got a ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB.

Thanks I appreciate your time for helping me.
3 answers Last reply
More about memory computer
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- You can build the same system with less money.
    2- Yeah, you can install 2x4GB, the mobo support 16GB in 4 slot, that's 4GB per slot.
    3- You can't know if the PC support Crossfire or SLI if you don't know the exactly model of the mobo. Asus, MSI, Gigabyte....
  2. Thanks for replying Saint19, to your first answer I have to say that I am not entirely sure how to make a computer... I was thinking about it but It seems like it would use a heck of alot of work to buy all the parts and put it together... But I will look more into it.

2- Okay thanks... That would be extremely convenient ;)

3- I am pretty sure this Is the motherboard the computer comes with: Asus M4A77TD AM3 DDR3 AMD 770 Chipset Technology SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio, I am going by the part on it that says AMD 770... And looking at the inside of the computer the motherboards look the same.
  3. You can ask for advice to "how build a system" in the Home build section of the forum.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Computer Product