Blue Screen of Death Problem

combine

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
Hi guys. I have annoying Blue Screen of Death problem. Recently i was using linux but unfortunately i erased all my data on HDD with Gparted. Three partitions were gone and 500 GB HDD was unlocated space. Anyway I recovered them and formatted C drive which is 40 gigabytes. I installed windows XP SP3, drivers etc.

Yesterday I tried to install GTA 4. I mounted the first DVD with daemon tools. No problem. Then the second DVD. Again everything was O.K.. But then when it required the first DVD - error and BSOD appeared with error: fltMgr.sys

So, I cleaned the registry, ran CHKDSK on my 3 partitions and used mainly Advanced system care 5, TuneUp Utilities 2011 and AVG PC Tuneup 2011 to repair my computer.

I thought it will be ok from now on but again it failed on the end of GTA 4 installation. I thought it the problem was in daemon tools [latest lite version] and installed alcohol 52%. Again it failed on the end of installation.

I began "investigation" and found some clues to solve this problem.
1. I noticed when i right click on C: or D: ->> Security that special permissions checkbox was not active.

...and sharing was enable. I don't know if this is ok ?

2. I remembered in the past that after installation of GTA 4 other programs are being installed. One of them was microsoft c++ redistributable or something like that. When I checked event viewer, in the last moments before system crash MSI installer was triggered.

So guys please help me solve the problem. There is error when installing GTA 4 and this is very annoying. I have never had such a problem.

My pc:
AMD Athlon II X4 630, 2800 MHz QuadCore
ASRock M3A790GXH/128M
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
2x2GB DDR3 1600 KINGSTON HYPER X
WDC WD5000AAKS-00V1A0 (465 GB, IDE)
COOLERMASTER GX-550W
LG DVD burner

Sorry if my English is bad and for the very long post.
I'll be very happy if somebody help me. Thank You.

Bug Check 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000008E. This bug check indicates that a kernel-mode application generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

In addition:

0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates that a memory access violation occurred.

The filesystem basically crapped out. Normally, I'd blame RAM or the HDD, but the fact you are using virtualized software [Deamon Tools/Alcohol 120%] points to them.

combine

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
I installed Portal II with no errors. When GTA4 installation is complete, it begins to install microsoft visual c++ redistributable. Thats the moment when PC crashes.