Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Comp Turns on for 1 second then off!

Last response: in Systems
September 23, 2009 12:38:43 AM

I just built a new gaming computer and finished it yesterday. It ran for about 2 hours then just shut off without making any noises/beeps. Now.. if I hit the power button it turns on the lights and fans for about a second and then shuts off. I tried the paper clip test and the PSU turns my fans and my lights on. Does this mean the Mobo is junk? Everything is brand new! :( 

My specs.

720 G Seagate HD SATA
NVDIA GeForce 295 GTX
AMD Phenom 4x Black Edition
750W Corsair PSU
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Motherboard AM3
2 X2G Corsair Dominator DDR3

Any help would be appreciated! This is my very first computer build so I don't know very much on the technical aspects of it.

More about : gaming comp turns

a b 4 Gaming
September 23, 2009 1:23:42 AM

You need to connect a small speaker to the speaker header located next to the power and reset switch headers on the board. See what beeps you get.
m
l
September 23, 2009 4:06:40 AM

Very similar to what mine is doing.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
September 23, 2009 4:08:12 AM

The symptom itself is just the BIOS resetting in an effort to boot. It can be an indication of many things on it's own.
m
l
September 23, 2009 4:23:44 AM

True. I just don't know how to find out what it is. And I don't have a speaker to hook up. :(  I might try another motherboard tomorrow as a a friend has an extra.
m
l
September 23, 2009 4:58:44 AM

You can get a speaker for that pretty cheap at a local store. If you plan to build more computers it's a worthwhile investment and saves a lot of trial and error, esp with assembling/disassembling/reassembling entire motherboards.
m
l
!