How do you setup RAID 0?

If you haven't already, read the manual, specifically Appendix B.

I am going to presume that the hardware is connected, a successful POST sequence, familiarity with changing BIOS settings, and hard drives have no previous OS installed.

Overall, the process is 1) enter the BIOS, 2) change the SATA configuration mode to RAID, 3) save and exit out of BIOS, 4) reboot the computer, 5) during the POST sequence there will be a prompt to enter the Intel Rapid Storage, you will see the two 500GB drives and there status, enter the RAID configuration utility, 6) follow the prompts and commands to set the RAID type, create and name the array, refer to the manual for the sequence of the prompts/commands, 7) reboot the computer if it doesn't auto reboot, 8) success! the array has been created and you are ready to install the OS. At the next reboot, you will see the array listed at the RAID configuration prompt.

Overall, it's a pretty linear process. Anything done can be undone. When creating the RAID array, recommend going with the default settings.

Parsnip

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

Alright that sounds pretty straightforward. The parts should ship in today and I'll assemble them. I don't know if that changes anything in the above process or not.

Doesn't change anything.

Post back if any issues.

Good luck with your new build!