ASUS M4A785T-M with Geforce 9800GTX+ Problems (UPDATE)

R3MaK3R

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
I'm not quite sure if this should go in Graphics catagory or this one...

I recently got a new Motherboard and CPU but when my new MOBO arrived the graphics card no longer seemed to work. I currently have the Display onto my monitor plugged into my Graphics card but the graphics card does not appear on screen. It seems to be invisible. I have no idea whats wrong. Apparently in the manual i must "Change the necessary BIOS setting" and then "Assign an IRQ to the card" I don't get these steps. I tried doing the IRQ thing but there is no options for it in the BIOS and i changed it so PCIe x16 slot is the primary device. It is really confusing me.
I can't play any of my games since it thinks i don't even have a graphics card!

I'm running on:
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz
Corsair 1333Mhz 2GB Memory
XFX Geforce 9800GTX+ Black Edition
Asus M4A785T-M MOBO

UPDATE: OK, i just figured out that it knows my graphics card is there but now i'm just trying to make sense of it...
nvidial.jpg

Solution
Well it is working as you can see the screen :) You need to install drivers go to nvidia.com and grab the newest ones this should fix you up. As you can see the gpuz is wrong in every aspect 256 shaders LOL that would be nice you only have 128 for real. DDR4 you have ddr3 and 4 gigs of vram you will have 512 or 1 gig. The clue in is at the bottom it shows standard vga adapter so either you are looking at the onboard (the info would be very wrong for that as well) or no driver is installed to tell gpuz what you have.

T
Well it is working as you can see the screen :) You need to install drivers go to nvidia.com and grab the newest ones this should fix you up. As you can see the gpuz is wrong in every aspect 256 shaders LOL that would be nice you only have 128 for real. DDR4 you have ddr3 and 4 gigs of vram you will have 512 or 1 gig. The clue in is at the bottom it shows standard vga adapter so either you are looking at the onboard (the info would be very wrong for that as well) or no driver is installed to tell gpuz what you have.

T

Solution