G

Hello,
I have this MicroSD card which works fine on my mobile handset ie I can view photos, listen to songs etc, but once I connect it to my PC through a card reader, I get an error " Please insert a disk to drive " . I get the same error across XP and 7 and I have tried it on two different PCs and card readers. The stick has some valuable photos and formatting it ( if possible!!) would be my last option !

G

Hi,
Thanks for replying, I am trying to connect the card using a Card reader/ adapter. I am able to work with the card if it is present inside a phone, the problem arises only when I try to connect it independently using the reader.

Thanks again

G

That's exactly what I am trying to do: Copy/move files to my PC, the phone's software for sync-ing my PC and phone works fine only with popular media files and my data files in rar format do not get picked up !

popo2po

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I know its too late to reply but for everyone else:
Maybe, your SD card is password protected! you (or someone else may set a password for it). Some phones have an option in their menu to set a password for memory so if you use memory on another phone you need to enter password to access it. And password protected memories will not work on PCs using card readers before removing password :)

Makara_07

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hello,
I have this MicroSD card which works fine on my mobile handset ie I can view photos, listen to songs etc, but once I connect it to my PC through a card reader, I get an error " Please insert a disk to drive " . I get the same error across XP and 7 and I have tried it on two different PCs and card readers. The stick has some valuable photos and formatting it ( if possible!!) would be my last option !