Corsair GT Series 3

sepe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Hello I bought a Corsair GT Series 3 Sata 120GB, i plug it into an Asus P6X58 Premium board, with a marvell Sata 6 gb/s driver. He did the HD Tune pro 300 test, but it writes less mb/s. I cant't understand it. Because this model have a reading speed of 555 mb/s - It have to write 515 mb/s. How can I do. Thank you.

tecmo34

Administrator
Couple of Comments:

1) Can you post a screen shot of AS SSD Benchmark (no need to run the test)? It provides very useful information on the status of your SSD.

2) Have you updated the latest firmware of the SSD?

3) When comparing the benchmarks to reviews, you have to understand two things:
■The review is using an Intel RST SATA III controller, which has better performance than Marvell controllers (a noticeable performance drop in most cases).
■ The SSD is a secondary drive with a secure erase performed on it. It isn't an OS drive with OS, Apps... etc. installed on it.

sepe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Premium P6X58 say Asus Marvell controller is old, then tell me another option card pci express sata controller for a 3, which is the best and most powerful, thanks

groberts101

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
LSI 9240/60-4i series will get you to max speeds but I'd go for a complete hardware upgrade to Intel 6G for slightly more unless a raidcard is needed for fast SSD matched storage later on.