Does anyone know what it takes to get abducted? Does logic have
anything to do with the odds, like it does vampirism etc.? Higher
logic skill, easier abduction? I haven't gotten a sim abducted without
cheating since I installed University.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> Does anyone know what it takes to get abducted? Does logic have
> anything to do with the odds, like it does vampirism etc.? Higher
> logic skill, easier abduction? I haven't gotten a sim abducted without
> cheating since I installed University.

IIRC, it is completely random with a 1 in 200 chance of Abduction, but I got
a sim abducted within a few weeks of first playing TS2.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> Does anyone know what it takes to get abducted? Does logic have
> anything to do with the odds, like it does vampirism etc.? Higher
> logic skill, easier abduction? I haven't gotten a sim abducted without
> cheating since I installed University.

It's 1% chance compounded every hour. (second hour is 2%, third hour 3%)
And when you stop, it resets. There is no affect of Logic skill.

There is a Pescado or TwoJeffs hack that increases the odds slightly.

-georg

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:08:51 GMT, "Will Bradshaw"
<spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

>IIRC, it is completely random with a 1 in 200 chance of Abduction, but I got
>a sim abducted within a few weeks of first playing TS2.

In vanilla Sims 2 I was getting people abducted left and right...
since Uni it hasn't happened *once*. I would be astonished to learn
that the recipè didn't change.
--

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:21:21 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>It's 1% chance compounded every hour. (second hour is 2%, third hour 3%)
>And when you stop, it resets. There is no affect of Logic skill.
>
>There is a Pescado or TwoJeffs hack that increases the odds slightly.

Thanks for the explanation. And there's no truth to there being
certain periods of time, like 9pm-2am where it's more likely to
happen? Does it increase to 4% fourth hour?
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:21:21 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>It's 1% chance compounded every hour. (second hour is 2%, third hour 3%)
>>And when you stop, it resets. There is no affect of Logic skill.
>>
>>There is a Pescado or TwoJeffs hack that increases the odds slightly.
>

> Thanks for the explanation. And there's no truth to there being
> certain periods of time, like 9pm-2am where it's more likely to
> happen? Does it increase to 4% fourth hour?
> --

Yes, 4% fourth hour etc. You cannot be abducted certain hours (6 am to 8
pm), but the percent chance is still increasing while you stargaze
during that time. Usually after 72 hours straight, you'll be abducted.

Of course, you will need to manipulate the needs to stare that long
without keeling over.

-georg

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> In vanilla Sims 2 I was getting people abducted left and right...
> since Uni it hasn't happened *once*. I would be astonished to learn
> that the recipè didn't change.
> --

You know what? I have decided I don't even particularly
*like* University. I'd uninstall it if it wasn't for the
objects it came with ;)

Laura

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>>There is a Pescado or TwoJeffs hack that increases the odds slightly.

Oh cool, I have to find that! I have that hack that makes
it happen every time, but if I have the hack installed, I
tend to forget it's there. Then my sim goes to stare and
suddenly he/she's getting abducted even though I didn't
want it. I'd much rather have one that just increases the
odds slightly.

Laura