xp can't find my disk drives

August 10, 2004 1:47:52 AM

I have dvd drive, cdrw drive and dvdrw drive which where
running and now the computer says it has installed the
hardware but cannot find the device. I have uninstalled
all new programs and still they don't come up in control
panel however they are in device manager with the yellow
marker over each drive. Can anyone help

More about : find disk drives

Anonymous
August 10, 2004 9:26:13 PM

"cookie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have dvd drive, cdrw drive and dvdrw drive which where
>running and now the computer says it has installed the
>hardware but cannot find the device. I have uninstalled
>all new programs and still they don't come up in control
>panel however they are in device manager with the yellow
>marker over each drive. Can anyone help

See if this helps: "CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error
Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator
in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314060). Also read
"How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)
Anonymous

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "cookie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have dvd drive, cdrw drive and dvdrw drive which where
> >running and now the computer says it has installed the
> >hardware but cannot find the device. I have uninstalled
> >all new programs and still they don't come up in control
> >panel however they are in device manager with the yellow
> >marker over each drive. Can anyone help
>
> See if this helps: "CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error
> Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator
> in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314060). Also read
> "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
> Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).
>
> --
> (tm)

I've the same problem but , in my case, device manager states the devices
(cd-rom and dvd drive) as working properly and I can't have access to them.
They don't appear anywhere else but in device manager.

Can anyone help?
!