xp can't find my disk drives

I have dvd drive, cdrw drive and dvdrw drive which where
running and now the computer says it has installed the
hardware but cannot find the device. I have uninstalled
all new programs and still they don't come up in control
panel however they are in device manager with the yellow
marker over each drive. Can anyone help
2 answers Last reply
More about find disk drives

    "cookie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have dvd drive, cdrw drive and dvdrw drive which where
    >running and now the computer says it has installed the
    >hardware but cannot find the device. I have uninstalled
    >all new programs and still they don't come up in control
    >panel however they are in device manager with the yellow
    >marker over each drive. Can anyone help

    See if this helps: "CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error
    Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator
    in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314060). Also read
    "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
    Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

    --
    (tm)

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "cookie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I have dvd drive, cdrw drive and dvdrw drive which where
    > >running and now the computer says it has installed the
    > >hardware but cannot find the device. I have uninstalled
    > >all new programs and still they don't come up in control
    > >panel however they are in device manager with the yellow
    > >marker over each drive. Can anyone help
    >
    > See if this helps: "CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error
    > Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator
    > in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314060). Also read
    > "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
    > Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    I've the same problem but , in my case, device manager states the devices
    (cd-rom and dvd drive) as working properly and I can't have access to them.
    They don't appear anywhere else but in device manager.

    Can anyone help?

Configuration Disk Drives Windows XP