Multiple Errors upon startup after installing Windows 7-Aspire X1200-U1520A -

burtonsnow2002

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire Desktop, I recently upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7, now my computer gives me an error on startup that reads
Port 01: (error about not finding anything)
Port 02: (same)
then it states system disk error.
CMOS cannot locate the Hard Drive or the DVD Player, and when I unplug one or the other from the mother board it will locate the drive then the drive disappears again...I am at a loss as to what to do, I have replaced the CMOS battery and looked on the optical drive and the hard drive to see how the jumpers are set, and there are no jumpers or instructions on how to set one to slave or the other to master. Plus I have no jumpers to put on there even if I knew how to do it. Everything worked fine when I had Windows Vista Installed

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Sounds like a driver issue to me. Did you load all drivers from the manufacturer, specifically any storage drivers? Are drives compatible with Windows 7? Are they signed? If the drivers are not signed, by default Windows 7 will reject them. To override this, boot into repair mode and load the drivers, approve the fact they aren't signed, reboot.. If it doesn't boot, maybe try a new install without formatting the drive and see if it works. Install to a different directory so you can rty upgrading again after you better understand the problem.