Wierd OCCT readings

joshdsy

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Hi ALL
I recently got on to the overclocking bandwagon this is my first post here after reading these forms for some years now. My PSU is a 400Watt powersafe its got 20amps on the 12v and 30 amps on the 5v. When i tried overclocking my pc(e7500@3.66GHZ BSEL mod the 9800gt at stock) would hang in a min with occt psu test so i removed the bsel mod and tested my system again the system was stable until i noticed that occt reported my voltages all below normal... and my cpu hitting 69 and 61 on core1 and core 2 respectively is the PSU to blame for all this or is something else wrong.. Im running a stock intel cooler.. Check out this screen shoot of occt and tell me what you think. Is occt reporting things wrong? Or is the something really wrong. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
312k0i0.jpg

OCCT is the tool of choice in many of the extreme overclocking forms. It uses LinPack, CPU-z, HW Monitor and several other tools under a common interface. Can accomplish in an hour what Prime95 does overnight. Instead of wasting several nights to pass a higher OC, I can get a whole crapload of different settings done. I do tet the last good OCCT w/ prime95 overnight but haven't found OCCT passed a config that P95 rejected. I do sometimes see a higher temp by a degree under P95

OCCT uses HWMonoitor and CPUz engine to take it's readings.....have you looked at the voltage graphs that OCCT makes (they pop up at end of test)