Sign in with
Your question

What if i only overclock the fan speed

Last response: in Overclocking
December 21, 2011 12:44:51 PM

is that will be useful to overclock only my video card fan speed to be more efficient maybe !! i don't know i got some heat problem with my 9600 gt video card and recently i saw a light horizontal purple lines across my screen flashing for seconds and vanished while playing a video game (skyrim) i did a tab-Alt to see the temp for my GBU i found it 75c i know it's not much but what reason could cause these lines ?
and by the way when i minimized the screen i found these lines still appearing on the desktop !!! any suggestion thanks for reading

More about : overclock fan speed

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 21, 2011 1:02:50 PM

Overclock fan speed?? The fan doesn't have any clocks, so that's impossible.

You can turn your fan speed up if you are having problems with heat, but 75c isn't a problem.
m
l
December 21, 2011 1:08:56 PM

You can change the GPU fan speed by using MSI Afterburner. It will let you setup a profile specifying fan speed vs. GPU temperature.

If you keep getting those lines across your screen then I think your GPU is dead.
m
l
Related resources
December 22, 2011 6:13:16 AM

@geekapproved yes exactly that's what i thought that 75c is not an issue but why this lines i dont know and if my GPU is dead how could i be able to play for more than 5 hours without any freezing or a problem i saw these lines very rare and they are not that much u need to concentrate for seconds to see them !!! so what the hell is that
m
l
December 22, 2011 9:28:40 AM

Ok, if you could still play for hours then I'll revise the dead to possibly starting to die. How old is your GPU? Have you recently had a case where it did overheat and the computer blue screened?
m
l
December 22, 2011 2:14:22 PM

no i hadn't and my GPU about 2 years old and the core heat is 75c i think this not overheated why do u think the reason is GPU is there anything else could be the possible reason for that
m
l
December 22, 2011 2:16:53 PM

and one thing i did a furmark test the stability mod for about 600 second and no lines appeared the heat was 85c the fan speed is 100
m
l
December 22, 2011 3:05:33 PM

Hmmm, I would have expected Furmark to reveal a problem. My reason for suspecting the GPU is that strange artifacts, lines, etc. appearing on the screen are normally indicative of a GPU problem.

Strange lines is definitely not good. Taking a step back, have you checked that all your drivers are up to date. If possible, a picture of these lines would help. If its not the GPU, that leaves the screen. Any information on that?
m
l
December 22, 2011 5:21:14 PM

screen is LCD Samsung 19 inc resolution is 1366 x 768 the screen all the time is good no problems and i will try to take a screen capture for this lines
m
l
January 31, 2012 3:55:55 PM

I have the same issue, i have a nvidia GTX 460, its about 2 years old and has workedwith no problems till i set it up with my i7 in the new system. I have had a few discolored objects during gameplay and also i get purple or green line across some videos when streeming from the web, and somtimes on my desktop. I am curious if this has something to do with a defctive intel graphics chip or driver compatability between intel and Nvidia. Have you found anything out?
m
l
January 31, 2012 3:58:36 PM

here is my configuration:
CPU: i7 2600k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 460
MOBO: Asrock Extreme 3 Generation 3
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaw X 1600
m
l
!